5 Takeaways from the CEB Sales & Marketing Summit
Our team had the pleasure of attending the CEB Sales & Marketing Summit where we engaged with sales and marketing thought leaders and practitioners from leading organizations around the world.
Below is a short summary of our key takeaways from the conference.
- In order to sell effectively in today’s world, B2B suppliers must understand how customers move between digital and in-person buying channels. This is a process that most organizations aren’t able to support.
- With more accessible information and vast information networks, some think selling is doomed. This could not be further from the truth — instead technologies like sales automation and personalization will separate the wheat from the chaff.
- In the new world, Salespeople need to be more like marketers in this new digital world — understanding and leveraging digital technologies. Marketers need to be more like salespeople and develop tailored messaging for each key customer.
- Three principles to turbocharge your website:
- Give customers an entry point on their terms
- Signal your solutions in customer’s language
- Help customers do what they are on your site to do
- Marketing in B2B has evolved to drive support for enablement leveraging three key technologies:
- Artificial Intelligence — to predict everything from which leads are most promising to which content will be most effective
- Natural Language Processing — to understand prospect intent
- Augmented Reality — to more directly engage with prospects in compelling ways