Solving The Knowledge Management Challenge At A Multinational Manufacturing Company
“Docurated allows our team to easily search through the drive, find what they need, and move on. No longer do people need to waste time searching through the shared drive or asking colleagues where things are.”
– Senior VP Consulting, Rapidly Growing Manufacturing Company.
- Knowledge management was a major challeng for this global manufacturer.
- Employees wasted 4-5 hours per week searching for relevant information.
- Collaboration between global teams was involved long email chains and attachments which created version confusion.
- The shared drive was inundated with content and was near impossible to navigate.
Results – Solving the Knowledge Management Challenge
The company connected Docurated to their Shared Drive, which contained over 400,000 documents. Docurated provided a simple, highly visual search layer on top of the company’s shared drive which increased productivity across the company.
The company needed a new way to access information. But the last thing they wanted was a solution with a lengthy implementation process that required manual uploading and tagging.
Now, knowledge workers don’t need to remember how something was titled or tagged, they can simply do a keyword search for what they need and Docurated will return the relevant documents and exact pages. Employees can then download a copy of the document directly, or they can storyboard together pages from multiple different documents – all without having to open a single file. Tasks that used to take hours, or were completely impossible, are now accomplished in a matter of minutes.