Top Digital Sales Resources: 50 Comprehensive Articles, Guides, Courses, Videos, and More to Master Digital Sales
Remember the days of going through the Rolodex, looking for leads, and hoping that someone just happened to need the product or service you were offering? Okay, maybe that’s a bit of a stretch, but traditional sales tactics are no longer successful or relevant enough to continue practicing them in this day and age when both the customer and digital are king.
When you utilize digital sales, you are reaching prospects through virtual channels while gathering critical data about their behavior, needs, and expectations. Digital sales also means that you are utilizing data from your marketing teams and working collaboratively to close deals and build customer loyalty though exceptional customer service and ideal customer experiences.
Of course, there are tips and strategies to effective digital sales, and that’s why we have gathered the top 50 digital sales resources from industry experts, thought leaders, and successful digital sellers. Our digital sales resources include everything from articles and eBooks to videos and webinars. Whether you’re new to digital sales or looking to sharpen some of your strategies and skills, we have the digital sales resources to meet your needs and help you close more deals. Please note, we have listed our top 50 digital sales resources here, in no particular order, though we have included a table of contents to make it easier for you to jump to the resources that are of most interest to you.
Peggy Lin is group director of sales strategy for Lin Digital. In her digital sales article, Lin highlights the benefits and challenges of digital sales planning by explaining some key differences between digital media planning and digital sales planning, namely digital sales professionals are more akin to sales strategists who have more autonomy than media sales planners.
Three key points we like from The 10 Things to Know About Digital Sales Planning:
- Digital sales planners often work with several sales reps who serve more as partners than clients
- Digital sales professionals are into media, ideating, and creating solutions for solving specific key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Effective digital sales professionals must perfect the balancing act of what’s best for the client and the company, which involves strategic thinking for every sales plan
This Pam Beach Post digital sales article explores the notion that customer service remains king, even when it comes to selling online. Four important lessons, based on a seminar with a partner trainer for Google Channel Sales Partnerships, come out of the article: focus on micro-moments, prepare to go mobile, work multi-screens, and consider remarketing.
Three key points we like from Antonio Fins: Digital Sales Sill About Customer Service:
- It’s important to think about the “ways for customers to execute on the information you provide them”
- Your digital platform needs to be mobile-friendly as soon as possible, to make more digital sales
- To build loyalty in digital sales, data collection, special promotions, and exceptional customer service are key
CMO.com offers digital marketing insights, expertise, and inspiration by marketing leaders, for marketing leaders. In this digital sales article, CMO.com senior and strategic editor Giselle Abramovich explains that B2B sales people must know “how to take their skills onto social networks,” as research from Dell and Carnegie Mellon University’s Heinz College shows.
Three key points we like from Dell VP: Marketers Must Guide Sales in Digital Transformation:
- 75% of B2B buyers are influenced by information on social media, 67% of the buyer’s journey is completed though digital channels, and 97% of the time cold calling is ineffective; thus, sales needs to go digital
- Marketing and sales teams need to work together, led by the CMO, to design a corporate social media and social selling strategy
- Marketing data and intelligence will play a key role in connecting sales with customers after organizations make the digital transformation
A.T. Kearney is a leading management consulting firm that provides global insight and perspective. Their digital sales article, Time for Pharma to Dive into Digital, explains why the time is ripe for pharmaceuticals to commit to digital sales, especially as “digital technologies have empowered consumers to seek information and interact with suppliers in the way they choose, when they choose.”
Three key points we like from Time for Pharma to Dive into Digital:
- Digital is moving to immersive gaming, the Internet of Things (IoT), and wearable technologies, which impacts the health industry
- Customers will be behind the digital transformation of pharma, as patients go online to gain information about their health
- Pharmaceutical companies should make digital their top strategy for increasing customer engagement
Sean Farrell’s Guardian article on digital sales explores how Domino’s Pizza, “Britain’s biggest pizza delivery chains,” utilized smartphones and digital devices to increase sales by 35%. In fact, Domino’s reported that more than 75% of orders in 2015 have been made online, as Domino’s chief executive, David Wild, credits their “strategic and marketing initiatives… using our best-in-class digital platforms” for the boost in business.
Three key points we like from Digital Sales Help Domino’s Pizza Carve Bigger Slice of Home Delivery Market:
- Customers enjoy using the chain’s new website, which enables them to build and name their own pizza
- Domino’s has been following the lead of consumer behavior since 1999, when they launched their online service, and again when they unveiled a smartphone app in 2010
- Domino’s digital sales strategy incorporates its young audience
In his digital sales article for GamesIndustry, Brendan Sinclair reports on the digital sales bump that occurred for game sales in October 2015: “research firm Superdata… reported that worldwide digital game revenues for October were the highest of the year-to-date, coming in at $5.5 billion.” In fact, nearly all segments grew their revenue, due in large part to digital sales.
Three key facts we like from Digital Sales Up 7% in October – Superdata:
- Digital games sales are up 7% year-over-year
- Digital console revenues rose 14% year-over-year, with a particular spending increase in North America
- 52% of FIFA 16’s digital revenue for October came from downloadable add-ons
A leading global source for news, intelligence, and dialogue for marketing and media companies, Ad Age reports that positive mentions on social media are driving sales for Unilever brands. Editor at large Jack Neff writes that Shawn O’Neal, VP of global people data and marketing analytics for Unilever, claims that the findings in support of social media for digital sales are strong enough that Unilever’s leadership plans to “give us tens of millions more to continue what we’re doing.”
Three key points we like from Unilever Finds Social-Media Buzz Really Does Drive Sales:
- Social media has a greater impact on sales now than it did in 2013, when Coca-Cola reported that “online buzz had no measurable impact on short-term sales”
- Social activity does represent an increase in Unilever’s sales
- Mangers have the ability to monitor social media about brands on a daily basis, which informs digital sales.
A news leader in mobile commerce and retail, Mobile Commerce Daily shares the news that Domino’s is experiencing strong digital sales, “which stem from enabling mobile-savvy consumers to place pizza orders via an application, social media, a virtual voice assistant and an online site to ensure maximum convenience and reach.” By using digital to create a whole new level of convenience for customers, Domino’s is winning in digital sales, reporting that “more than 50 percent of its orders stem from digital avenues, with half of those coming from mobile devices.”
Three key points we like from Domino’s Strong Mobile Sales Prove Millennials’ Dependence on Digital Ordering:
- Domino’s is focusing on mobile and digital sales with the millennial demographic in mind
- Technology is improving the customer experience by adding a new level of convenience
- Domino’s is tapping into various channels to increase digital sales, including television commercials, social media, a virtual voice assistant, and more
Internet Retailer is a leading publisher of e-commerce news and analysis, and their digital sales article by associate editor Matt Lindner shares the news that Foot Locker is continuing to see online sales growth and looking ahead to e-commerce as a “billion-dollar contributor to its bottom line in the not-too-distract future.” Foot Locker’s CFO Lauren Peters reports that the company has seen domestic e-commerce sales grow nearly 30% year over year, and CEO Richard Johnson view Europe as the next piece of the online success puzzle.
Three key points we like from Foot Locker’s Digital Sales Step Closer to the Billion Mark:
- Tapping into Europe is one way to grow digital sales quickly
- Building connections with customers online is key to boosting digital sales
- Canada is another area to target for digital sales
PwC’s Strategy& is a “global team of practical strategists committed to helping you seize essential advantage.” In a report by Jan Bakker, Alex Koster, Jorg Krings, and Ruth Densborn, Strategy& highlights the need for automakers to “join forces with their dealers to build first-class digital sales and marketing capabilities.” As competitors use digital marketing technologies to gain sales, the automotive value chain is being left behind without a digital sales strategy.
Three key points we like from Unlocking the Value of Digitization in Automotive Sales and Distribution:
- Social media, mobile technology, and independent online sources give customers control over buying cars
- Original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) should work to engage prospective buyers using a variety of channels to boost sales and marketing and “convert digitally minded consumers into loyal longtime customers”
- Customers no longer rely on showroom salespeople when making purchasing decisions; rather, they are turning to the Internet, social media, and mobile channels
The Center for Sales Strategy offers consulting for sales organizations, sales and management coaching, digital sales coaching, and much more. Their digital sales article, Three Free Resources to Sharpen Your Digital Sales Strategy, includes three free resources for individuals who are seeking more information about digital and to improve their digital sales strategy. These resources especially are helpful for digital sales beginners.
Three key resources we like from Three Free Resources to Sharpen Your Digital Sales Strategy:
- Think with Google is a helpful digital sales resource for gathering the latest consumer trends, research studies, creative suggestions, and digital statistics
- The HubSpot Marketing Grader is a tool that provides detailed reports on websites and the associated marketing to get insight into current online marketing efforts for digital sales
- Go Mo is a resource for learning about how consumers use mobile devices, their expectations for their mobile experiences, best practices, and more
Kimberly Alexandre-Willoughby works to help sales organizations reach their full potential, and her digital sales article for the Center for Sales Strategy recalls the demise of a fictional minor league baseball announcer who loses his job because he does not know how to use social platforms and digital leads. Alexandre-Willoughby cautions that sales managers and salespeople may suffer the same fate if they cannot keep up with the digital sales times.
Three key points we like from Improving Digital Sales: Artie Decker’s Tips to Being Relevant:
- Be aware of how each demographic uses digital, to ensure your relevance
- Use vapors technologies and devices to reach a digital audience in different ways
- Never stop learning about digital so that you can evolve as the technology evolves
Sophie Elizabeth Smith, a content marketer for the Digital Marketing Institute, offers tips for digital sales representatives on building a personal brand and “cultivate an efficient, effective approach that will accelerate pipeline.” She recommends using tools such as HubSpot’s Make My Persona to create personalized buyer personas, crafting a compelling bio, and establishing a professional presence that connects with and establishes trust with buyers.
Three key points we like from Excel at Digital Selling: Reach Your Quota and Achieve Success:
- 77% of buyers say they do not connect with a salesperson until they have conducted independent research
- Owned media, industry publications, forums and groups, and social listening tools are excellent means of conducting competitive research
- The channel through which you choose to engage potential customers will define how they perceive your communication
Mike Kamo’s digital sales blog post explains SoLoMo, the Social, Local, and Mobile trend happening in digital sales. As Kamo points out, technology is changing sales as salespeople make use of web sites, social media platforms, email inboxes, laptops, and personal devices to reach out to customers.
Three key points we like from SoLoMo: The Successful Digital Sales Strategy:
- Social selling empowers salespeople to sell more – 78% of social sellers sell above average and social sellers, on average, are 23% more likely to beat sales quotas
- Local discounts and coupons add incentives for conversion, and organizations are jumping onboard for weather-optimized selling
- Consumers use mobile to do market research, communicate with companies, and purchase goods, so organizations must migrate legacy operations to smartphone platforms
MarketBridge offers predictive analytics and personalized content solutions to help improve marketing and sales productivity. In his digital sales article for MarketBridge, Jason Robinson explains that digital sales have become king as companies reinvent the sales process to personalize interactions with customers and meet their needs.
Three key points we like from Digital Sales: Adapt or Die:
- Digital sales eliminates the guessing game of traditional sales with unwanted cold calls
- Digital sales is basically one-to-one marketing, because it gives sellers a better picture of prospective customers
- Salespeople should think of themselves as marketers using digital channels
Inc. writer Molly Reynolds offers advice for optimizing your digital sales and marketing efforts, to decrease your bounce rate and increase your conversion rates. She admits that her strategies are simple, yet many organizations overlook them.
Three key points we like from 5 Digital Strategies to Help You Convert Sales:
- Visit competitors’ pages, or utilize a platform that will do it for you, to see their new campaigns, pricing changes, and more and see how you measure up, from a consumer’s perspective
- Personalize your visitor experience and target messages to them
- Create social media buzz creatively and identify your top social media influencers
CIO.com offers the latest news, analysis, video, blogs, and other rescues for technology and IT professionals. In her CIO.com digital sales article, Jennifer Lonoff Schiff shares digital sales and marketing tips from experts on the top ways to get qualified sales leads.
Three key tips we like from 8 Lead Generation Strategies That Will Boost Your Sales:
- “Your company’s lead magnet could be a free e-book, template or webinar. The trick is to deliver the resource in exchange for a prospect’s email address, which fills your sales funnel with potential clients.” ~ Jeanine Blackwell, 4MAT 4Business CEO
- Respond to questions promptly when you conduct live Twitter Chats or Google Hangouts and provide participants with contact information so they can get in touch with you when the Chat or Hangout ends
- Use LinkedIn and LinkedIn Groups to find leads and “follow up with people who’ve made interesting comments [on your posts or related posts] with personalized emails and schedule a call or coffee to connect and rebuild the relationship.” ~ Lydia Sugarcane, Venntive president
Mana Ionescu, president of Lightspan Digital, explains in her digital sales article that companies need to consider the stages of the process consumers go through when becoming aware of brands and products because “digital marketing channels will each play a part in one or multiple stages of the process.” Ionescu also suggests revising the AIDA marketing model to make it relevant to digital marketing and sales as the AODA model – awareness, opinion, desire, and action – because consumers form an opinion when reading reviews online.
Three key points we like from Digital Marketing Sales: What Drives Conversions?:
- Social and content marketing help organizations effectively tell their story, to create awareness of products and services
- Consumer opinions are formed long before a sales rep gets involved, thanks to reviews, referrals, and feedback on Twitter, Facebook and in forums
- Email marketing, social media, and online ads are crucial to the desire stage of the consumer buying process
As a publisher of independent research, analysis, and advice relating to digital marketing, social media, ecommerce, SEO, mobile, and technology for business, Econsultancy understands the power of digital sales. In his Econsultancy digital sales article, Minter Dial explains that sales and marketing are impacted by digital tools, devices, and platforms, so marketing and sales teams need to undergo the digital transformation together.
Three key points we like from Why Digital Marketing and Salespeople Urgently Need to Get Together:
- Brands need to be open to experimentation to get digital sales and marketing right
- Digital sales and marketing help companies to truly become customer centric
- Companies must be prepared to interact with and respond to customers in real time through multiple channels in order to deliver a targeted, relevant, and personalized customer experience
Bestselling author, keynote speaker, and consultant Brian Carter wants organizations to be able to determine the effectiveness of their sales funnels so they can determine how many people drop out at each stage. He also reminds readers that digital sales and lead generation is far from easy.
Three key points we like from 5 Sales Funnel Mistakes That Are Killing Your Business:
- Successful online sales take a lot of trial and error
- Digital sales require companies to offer what the people want, create a well planned digital marketing strategy, and put in the time, money, and testing that is required to sell online
- Keep in mind that effective digital sales is “about finding and using a system that get you results”
Chief connecting officer for Socialnomics, Ryan Bethea also is a consultant who helps organizations leverage both digital and offline channels to build relationships. In this digital sales article for Socialnomics, Bethea interviews StickerJunkie.com CEO Andrea Lake to get an understanding of the company’s digital sales strategy and keys to success, as StickerJunkie’s sales are 100% digital.
Three key tips we like from 3 Quick Tips for Digital Sales: Interview with Andrea Lake:
- Give customers the option to share their purchases, experiences, etc. on social media so that visitors get a personalized page, an invitation, or some other incentive to become a customer as well
- As much as possible, give customers the ability to create something or customize orders so they become vested in the website
- Be as specific as possible in your digital content so that you attract exactly the right customers
Kathi Kruse, an automotive social media marketing expert, blogger, speaker, author, and founder of Kruse Control Inc., shares her tips for leveraging Twitter to increase leads and sales. Kruse’s tips for digital sales center on the idea that if customers are on Twitter, organizations should be on Twitter, especially if they want to “establish credibility and trust that turns conversations into sales.”
Three key tips we like from 10 Powerful Twitter Marketing Tips to Increase Leads & Sales:
- In terms of automotive retails, marketers should focus strategies on targeted marketing, relationship building, and self-published content
- Master the lingo of Twitter, thank people for their shares of your content, and respond to people who mention you
- Provide your own content to build credibility and trust so that you will be the seller who offers honest, straightforward information
A SaaS platform, Introhive brings relationship intelligence into your CRM with data automation and sales acceleration. Introhive also offers its digital sales eBook, A Definitive Guide to Becoming a Sales Leader in a Digital World, which includes seven practical strategies for digital sellers.
Three key ideas we like from A Definitive Guide to Becoming a Sales Leader in a Digital World:
- It is especially important to embrace and focus on relationships in digital sales
- Inject storytelling into your sales process to personalize the interaction and engage customers
- Use technology as a means to gaining a competitive advantage
Cost: FREE with email registration
Nitro Software’s digital sales eBook, Digital Selling Secrets from Top Sales Pros, features advice to use before, during, and after the sale. The digital selling secrets include strategies for strengthening relationships with buyers and clipping the length of buying cycles.
Three key tips we like from Digital Selling Secrets from Top Sales Pros:
- “When connecting with people on social media, you have to forget you’re a sales person. You have to be genuinely interested in the person you are meaning to connect with.” ~ Koka Sexton, Group manager of content and social marketing at LinkedIn
- “Find out where potential buyers engage socially and ‘listen’ to what they are posing.” ~ Anneke Seley, CEO and founder of Reality Works
- “We have to accept that many relationships now start online. The true art of ‘social selling,’ especially in complex selling, is in helping the buyer transition from their research phase to recognizing you as the expert around what they are trying to fix or accomplish.” ~ John Dougan, director of sales advisory at SalesITV
Emerge Studio is an inbound marketing consultancy and HubSpot partner helping entrepreneurs and high-growth tech companies create and execute digital marketing strategies. Their digital sales guide is meant to help readers align their sales efforts with their marketing actions using the inbound methodology.
Three key topics we like from Guide: Build Your Digital Sales Funnel:
- Overcoming lead generation challenges
- Use content marketing to generate leads
- Align the buyer’s journey with the sales funnel
Cost: FREE with email registration
iMedia is an influential community of senior marketers in the current rapidly evolving digital world. Patricia Clark, VP of sales and sponsorships for Zumobi, wrote this guide to sales for the digital age for iMedia; in it, she offers eight tips for being a better seller in the digital world.
Three key tips we like from Simple Sales Tips for the Digital Age:
- Understand your audience’s needs and adjust your approach accordingly
- Learn what your clients like and expect
- Research potential customers ahead of time and get information on them from their data
Econsultancy’s social media manager and blog editor David Moth offers tips on getting sales teams to buy into digital transformation projects in this digital sales how-to. Moth explains that sales teams often are reluctant to go digital because they fear losing “the important human touch that is so vital to winning new business and increasing the size of deals with add-ons.” In reality, however, sales teams need to adopt digital technology and best practices to keep up with the times and to offer exceptional customer service.
Three key tips we like from How to Get Sales Teams to Buy Into Digital Transformation:
- Educate sales professionals on the benefits of predictive analytics so they can see how much easier their jobs will be using digital tools
- Use incentives to motivate salespeople to make use of digital sales tools
- Combine training, education, and cultural changes to complete a successful digital transition
Vistage offers private advisory boards for CEOs, executives, and business owners. They also offer the digital sales how-to, How to Transform from Traditional Sales to Digital Marketing, which outlines how marketing and selling are changing because of social media, web, and search visibility. How-to author Craig Klein, CEO of SalesNexus.com, explains that businesses need to embrace digital marketing and sales to see the return on investment for which they hope.
Three key tips we like from How to Transform from Traditional Sales to Digital Marketing:
- Search marketing is an important component of digital sales and marketing
- Keep in mind that social media tools like Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube are important to your customers, which makes them important to your digital sales and marketing strategy
- Identify the social systems in which you should maintain a presence and monitor discussions relevant to your brand
The Communication Advertising Marketing (CAM) Foundation works to educate digital and marketing communications professionals. They offer resources on up-to-date trends and best practices from marketing communications and digital marketing professionals like Sales & Marketing – 5 Tips on How to Work Together in a Digital World, a digital sales and marketing how-to.
Three key tips we like from Sales & Marketing – 5 Tips on How to Work Together in a Digital World:
- Stop worrying about the imaginary line between lead generation and conversion leads in order to nurture leads, persuade customers, support sales teams, and continue the dialogue between customers and brands so that content can be tailored to customers’ needs
- Begin the customer retention and advocacy program as soon as the first sale is converted
- Provide continuing thought leadership content so that you can turn customers into advocates
Deloitte analyzed the impact of digital devices on in-store purchases, and found through their research that digital technologies influenced 36%, or $1.1 trillion, of in-store retail sales. Their digital sales infographic, The New Digital Divide: Digital’s Influence on In-Store Sales, provides some insight into just how strong the impact of digital sales is.
Three key facts we like from The New Digital Divide: Digital’s Influence on In-Store Sales:
- 69% of shoppers use digital devices throughout their shopping experience
- Electronics, furniture, and sporting are the retail categories most influenced by digital
- 80% of digital shoppers get product information from their own device or in-store device, as opposed to the 20% who get information from a sales associate
Social Media Today offers some of the top social media best practices, tools, and social marketing resources available. Their digital sales infographic features nine sales leaders who are predicting sales trends that “will change the way salespeople connect with buyers, and the way smart companies will work in 2015 and beyond.”
Three key predictions we like from 9 Digital Sales Predictions from the Experts:
- “… the future of social selling lies in the creation of digital selling departments. Enterprise level organizations are already doing this, and over the next five years, it will be the norm.” ~ Jamie Shanks, Sales for Life CEO
- “Data is the key to prioritization and profiling, especially when it comes to outbound sales prospecting.” ~ Howard Brown, founder and CEO of RingDNA
- “The age of social selling is upon us. High performing companies like IBM, ADT and Salesforce among others are already reaping the financial and brand benefits of empowering their sales teams with training in social selling and access to the best tools available.” ~ Koka Sexton, global senior social marketing manager of LinkedIn
Sales for Life is a pioneer in social selling with its coaching, training, and learning management systems. Their digital sales infographic is based on recent research by Forester that products by 2020, more than a million salespeople may be obsolete, as new technology phases out old sales methods. The infographic emphasizes the need for social selling and digital transformation if sales professionals are going to adapt and evolve.
Three key facts we like from The Death of the B2B Salesperson:
- 97% of cold calls do not work
- Nearly 75% of B2B buyers claim buying from a website is more convenient than buying from a sales representative
- 80% of buyers know what they want before they contact a vendor
Part of the Adweek Blog Network, SocialTimes delivers top mobile and social media news and analysis. SocialTimes’ digital sales infographic, 5 Digital Trends Influencing the Future of Retail, highlights the five trends that are changing retail marketing, based on stats that “every digital marketer, retailer, and retail digital marketer need to know.”
Three key facts we like from 5 Digital Trends Influencing the Future of Retail:
- 51.5% of all digital ad spend in retail in 2015 will occur on mobile devices
- 53% of online traffic is from mobile
- 35% of retail digital ad spend is for branding
Accenture’s digital sales infographic is intended to demonstrate how agile sales approaches help organizations mend broken sales models and drive profitable sales growth. They advocate for a transformation from traditional sales approaches to dynamic sales capabilities that meet the needs of today’s “nonstop customer.”
Three key ideas we like from Agile Sales: Powering Profitable Growth at Speed:
- Only 1/3 of companies actually track and analyze sales spend ROI, but agile sellers align working sales spend with an intense focus on ROI to make profitable growth happen
- Agile sellers create a selling experience that embraces digital and the cloud to evolve operations to provide insights for sales
- Agile sellers apply data science to determine the secrets of high-performing sellers, apply the insights to the sales coverage model, roles, and enablement, and overcome the frozen middle
A digital sales infographic shared by Social Media Today is based on research by Millward Brown, which shows that Twitter users are purchasing from companies they follow on Twitter. More telling is the fact that the majority of consumers plan to purchase an item for Christmas that they saw on Twitter. Social media is affecting digital sales in a big way this holiday season.
Three key facts we like from How Twitter Can Help Drive Christmas Sales:
- 68% of UK Twitter users are likely to purchase something from a business they follow on Twitter
- 66% of UK Twitter users have seen something on Twitter that prompted them to make a Christmas purchase
- 50% of UK Twitter users are likely to tweet about their Christmas purchases
Shaw Academy is the world’s largest live online educator. Shaw offers the digital sales online course, Diploma in Digital Marketing, to help learners understand how to acquire clients, generate sales, and more. The course, which is appropriate for students of all levels, features ten one-hour modules over the span of four weeks and covers digital marketing with industry leading experts, lecturers, and tutors.
Three key topics we like from Diploma in Digital Marketing:
- Practical methods of digital marketing that drive growth, business, and engagement
- Converting greater numbers of leads into profitable customers
- Increasing market share in the online marketplace
Udemy is “the world’s largest destination for online courses,” and they offer Marketing – Build an Online Marketing & Digital Sales Funnel to help learners grow their business and sales with automated marketing. This digital sales online course is instructed by Mark Timberlake of SME Heroes and features more than 14 lectures and 1.5 hours of content.
Three key topics we like from Marketing – Build an Online Marketing & Digital Sales Funnel:
- Customer journeys through an AIDA marketing funnel
- AIDA psychology and application
- Building marketing funnels
The Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association International (HSMAI) Europe Leadership Day was held September 24, 2015, at Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof in Frankfurt, Germany. Leadership Day gives attendees the chance to discuss and analyze trends and challenges affecting their industry, and this digital sales video from the event features executives sharing their insights into digital sales.
Three key ideas we like from All About Digital Sales Strategy and Revenue Management at HSMAI Leadership Day 2015 in Frankfurt:
- Sales teams are collaborating more than ever before to create effective digital sales plans
- Technology and the Internet are changing the world of digital sales, and sales professionals need to work with experts to learn all they can about digital sales
- Sales professionals must adapt quickly if they are going to keep up with digital sales
IBM Digital Sales Europe is focusing on digital sales to enable more efficient and personalized collaboration with clients. Their digital sales video, available on YouTube, highlights the importance of social media and Big Data in succeeding in digital sales.
Three key ideas we like from A New Era for Digital Sales:
- Social media, digital technology, and mobile devices are affecting every aspect of life, including the ways in which we work and interact with one another
- Digital is changing thew ay B2B decisions are made and business is transacted
- 67% of enterprise IT buyers collect information on vendors and offerings using digital channels
Ryan Dohrn is founder of Brain Swell Media. He trains and coaches both companies and entrepreneurs on how to fix and boost their sales efforts. Dohrn also offers ten tips for increasing digital sales in this half-hour digital sales video, made available by Shweiki Media on YouTube.
Three key tips we like from Top 10 Tips to Increase Digital Sales:
- Advertisers only buy what they understand, and they are wary of risk, so sales approaches should be simple
- Power grid pricing and data sheets are one of the best ways to sell more, because they visualize price points and present information in a clearcut, easy to understand manner
- The more visual you make your campaigns, media kits, and other information, the better your chances of increasing your digital sales
Gaming has come a long way in its digital sales, and this digital sales video from IGN News reports on just how lucrative digital sales have been for Gamestop. IGN News’ Brian Altano presents the reasons for Gamestop’s digital sales success in this short video, available on YouTube.
Three key facts we like from Digital Sales Are Making GameStop Stronger – IGN News:
- More than $724 million of Gamestop’s sales were from digital content in 2013
- For the first quarter of the 2014 fiscal year, Gamestop’s digital revenue grew 9.5% year-over-year in large part to PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade currency cards
- Downloadable content is quickly becoming a source of digital sales revenue for Gamestop as well
In this digital sales video from McKinsey Digital, David Edelman, partner and global co-leader of McKinsey Digital, Marketing & Sales, explores the ways in which digital is disrupting marketing. Digital, mobile, social, and video can be distracting for salespeople and marketers.
Three key points we like from McKinsey: How the Digital Age is Disrupting the Marketing Framework:
- Digital, mobile, social, and video are tools that are meant to help sellers and marketers connect with customers to drive growth
- Sales professionals and marketers need to consider the customer journey and customer experience from the customers’ perspective to increase conversion rates
- Digital sales must be geared toward customer convenience and meeting their needs
Max Simon of Big Vision Business and the Big Vision Show shares his insight into marketing strategies involving online sales. This digital sales video is nearly five minutes long and features tips for increasing the number of sales you make online.
Three key points we like from Internet Marketing Strategy Tips – How to Make Sales Online:
- Strong engagement campaigns with videos, eBooks, and email must be in place before attempting to sell online
- Clearly state your offer or other details to prospective customers so they do not get confused
- Be willing to offer a guarantee so that customers feel as though they have a safety net when completing a digital sale
Cloud Moves TV features companies, technology, and thought leaders within the worlds of cloud, mobile, and social. Their digital sales video features John Heffernan, digital marketing sales director of The Foundry, which was voted the top digital design agency at the RAR Awards. The video focuses on John’s take on the evolution of SEO and social and mobile strategy.
Three key topics we like from John Heffernan Digital Marketing Sales Director The Foundry Digital Marketing – Mobile Strategy:
- Ad technology can ensure the right content is delivered to the right person at the right time
- Ad technology has changed the way companies are reaching out to and engaging targets
- Businesses must position themselves where their customers are, so that they make an impact with digital sales that leads to conversions
Accenture offers this multimedia digital sales resource to help sales organizations understand how they should be “using digital to step back from the brink.” Drive Revenue Growth With a New Sales Strategy and Sales Management Playbook features a video with a downloadable transcript, key findings, and recommendations for sales organizations that are looking to create differentiated customer experiences at every interaction.
Three key points we like from Drive Revenue Growth With a New Sales Strategy and Sales Management Playbook:
- Create personal experiences that matter to customers and eliminate the silos between marketing, services, and sales with digital tools
- Embrace agile selling to extend your reach and reputation
- Prioritize digital investments to align with the highest value aspects of your organization’s selling and buying processes
Marketing Nutz is a social business, experiential brand, and conversion optimization agency that helps businesses inspire, connect, and achieve results. Their digital sales multimedia resource, 10 Tips to Increase Sales with Social Media and Digital Marketing #Social Selling, features a Zoom Factor podcast with Pam Moore detailing the ten tips to help your online audience buy from you,
Three key tips we like from 1o Tips to Increase Sales with Social Media and Digital Marketing #Social Selling:
- An online integrated digital and social platform is not enough for making online sales
- Buyer personas are a critical component of digital sales
- It is important for organizations to test various forms of media, including audio, video, and text to enhance their digital sales
B2Beacon shares the latest in digital market news, including interviews with industry leaders and B2B trendsetters. Their digital sales multimedia resource, Two Strategic Tips for Digital Transformation with Maggie Buggie, VP Global Head of Digital Sales and Marketing, offers two tips for B2B marketers to adopt in order to make the move to digital across the organization.
Three key points we like from Two Strategic Tips for Digital Transformation with Maggie Buggie, VP Global Head of Digital Sales and Marketing:
- It is important to build the supporting operations to achieve actionable insights
- Customer journey and experience are two crucial pieces of digital sales and marketing
- Marketers and salespeople need to work together with executives to build the culture necessary for supporting the digital transformation
James Wilson of the MacApp Store leads this digital sales webinar. A little over 45 minutes in length, the webinar promotes the use of receipts for organizations to protect digital sales and verify purchases.
Three key points we like from Using Receipts to Protect Your Digital Sales:
- Receipts are an important, often overlooked, aspect of combating fraud in digital sales
- In-app purchases are generating more digital sales revenue than ever before
- One step to securing revenue from digital sales is the use of receipts
A free digital sales webinar now available on demand, Increase HCP Engagement with new Digital Sales Strategies, is sponsored by Prolifiq Software and features speakers Jeff Gaus, Prolifiq Software CEO, and John Books, VP of strategic accounts for Prolifiq Software. The webinar is geared toward pharmaceutical marketers, but it offers digital marketing and sales strategies that are applicable to any industry.
Three key ideas we like from Increase HCP Engagement with New Digital Sales Strategies:
- Blend digital marketing with sales reps’ personal relationships to increase customer engagement by two to three times
- It is important to consider repurposing content across digital channels
- Measuring content performance is a key component of making better digital sales and marketing decisions
The Center for Sales Strategy (CSS) presents an on-demand digital sales webinar, Accelerate Your Digital Sales, to help organizations understand the basics of boosting their digital sales. Nearly an hour long, the webinar features Alina Diaz, CSS VP and senior consultant, Kimerly Alexandre, CSS VP and senior consultant, and Harry Tomasides, CSS senior consultant.
Three key points we like from Accelerate Your Digital Sales:
- Digital includes search, social, and mobile
- Be creative with digital sales and be cognizant of your content placement
- While nearly everyone has a mobile device and/or smartphone, not all salespeople and clients are aware how to use digital marketing capabilities to market businesses effectively
AN ALTERNATIVE GUIDE TO SALES KICKOFF
HOW SALES CONTENT MANAGEMENT CAN HELP YOUR COMPANY
REPS SPENDING ONLY 32% OF THEIR TIME SELLING
Further Reading from the Docurated Blog:
- Essential Marketing Automation Tools
- Content Analytics Tips from 70 Pros
- Best Sales Strategies to Close Deals Faster
- 63 Great Content Marketing Examples
- 50 Tools for Creating a Strategic Marketing Plan
- Benefits of Digital Asset Management Software
- 50 Killer Content Curation Tools
- Marketing ROI Tips and Best Practices
- 50 Top Marketing Automation Resources
- 49 Expert Content Management Tools for Enterprises