Top Digital Transformation Blogs: 50 Blogs for CIOs on Leading Digital Transformation
In order for digital transformation to take place, it must affect the entire organization. Business processes, business rules, business policies… all of these must be digital when the transformation occurs. And, the company’s information must be secure and easy to find and access for people with the appropriate access to the company’s technology ecosystem. But, digital transformation does not just happen; leadership must be strong and the organization must be prepared with strategies and a clear implementation plan. That, of course, is where the CIO comes in to the digital transformation process.
CIOs are the leaders who have the vision, strategy, and technology knowledge necessary for making digital transformation occur. CIOs are in the best position to drive the transformation because they know how to innovate, integrate, and incorporate in order to foster the cross-functional collaboration that is necessary for instituting the digital initiative. To help CIOs understand more about digital transformation and learn from first-hand accounts of those who have already gone through the process, we have rounded up 50 of the top digital transformation blogs. These blogs from industry leaders, experts, and thought leaders explain digital transformation, the strategies behind it, and how it impacts the customer experience and innovation in a way that gives organizations a competitive edge. Please note, we have listed our 50 top digital transformation blogs for CIOs here, in no particular order.
Forrester works with business and technology leaders such as CIOs to develop “customer-obsessed strategies that drive growth.” Their blog features digital transformation posts that provide actionable guidance that is aligned to the role of CIO.
Three posts we like from Forrester Blog:
- Bosch Software Innovation Offers Lessons for Digital Transformation
- CIOs: Life in the Fast Lane
- Businesses Need to Prepare for New Digital Realities
Chris Curran, CIO Dashboard blog author, is an emerging technology leader and partner at PricewaterhouseCoopers who has a passion for emerging tech learning, experimentation, and adoption. Curran shares his insights into digital transformation in CIO Dashboard blog posts that cover everything from digital disruptors to uniting with CMOs.
Three posts we like from CIO Dashboard:
- 10 Questions to Discover Your Digital IQ
- 4 Signs Digital is Disrupting the Enterprise
- 2 Imperatives for the Digital CIO
Perficient is a leading digital transformation consulting firm serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America, and Perficient Transform shares their perspectives on transforming the customer experience throughout the connected enterprise. Perficient Transform blog posts include insights on change management, integration, analytics, digital experience, business optimization strategies, and more.
Three posts we like from Perficient Transform:
- What Place Does Innovation Have in Digital Transformation?
- Driving Digital Transformation with a Solid Mobile Foundation
- 3 Reasons Digital Transformation is a Business Imperative
Cisco helps companies capture the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the unconnected. By reading the Cisco Digital Transformation Blog, CIOs will learn about innovative companies and the leaders who are guiding them through the digital business transformation.
Three posts we like from Cisco Digital Transformation Blog:
- There’s Never Been a Better Time to (Digitally) Transform Your Business
- Bringing Digital Transformation, Creativity, and Impact Together at Cannes Lions
- How Digital Solutions Can Change the Troubling Economics of Healthcare
CIO.com shares the latest news, analysis, video, blogs, tips, and research for tech and IT professionals. With thousands of digital transformation posts, CIO.com is one of the most robust blogs on our list. Topics cover IT service management, security teams, approaches to digital transformation, and more.
Three posts we like from CIO.com:
- How to Succeed at Digital Transformation
- Who’s the Digital Transformation Boss, and Why Should it be the CIO?
- IT Talent Biggest Roadblock to Digital Transformation
CSC shares news on next-gen IT, cybersecurity, health tech, the cloud, Big Data, APIs, and more from 50+ years of leading their clients’ digital transformation. Their blogs showcase their experience in transforming businesses with digital innovation and share case studies and other accounts of the process involved.
Three posts we like from CSC Blogs:
- When Monolithic Legacy Systems Jeopardize Digital Transformation
- Managing the Complexity of Digital Transformations
- Leading the Digital Business, Beyond the Technology
MSPmentor is “the ultimate guide to managed services” and the leading global destination for MSPs. Their blog is a treasure trove of digital transformation information, with more than 80 resources covering infrastructure, digital disruptors, the cloud, and more for CIOs.
Three posts we like from MSPmentor:
- Guest Blog: Four Steps to Guide Clients through Digital Transformation
- Transforming infrastructure monitoring services to thrive in the digital economy
- Digital IT Infrastructure Outpaces Physical for First Time
Wipro Digital is an innovation-led digital transformation partner that focuses on insight, interaction, integration, and innovation. The news, cases, and insights surrounding digital transformation offered by their blog makes it an especially useful resource for CIOs.
Three posts we like from Wipro Digital:
- Nike’s Digital Strategy: A User-Focused Model We Can All Learn From
- Digital Can Solve Our Problems – But Only When We Listen First
- The Digital Organization
Axway offers a B2B integration, API, MFT, and OI solution that extends enterprise boundaries and empowers customers to govern the flow of data. The Axway Digital Business Transformation Blog delivers the latest news, industry trends, and insights and covers such topics as shadow IT, agile approaches to integration, and digital transformation in healthcare.
Three posts we like from Axway – The Digital Business Transformation Blog:
- The Digital Evolution of Health Insurers: How Mobile Technology is Changing the Game
- Want to Gain Digital Momentum without Losing Control?
- Will Your Business be Left Behind by the Digital Shift?
Avoka creates frictionless digital sales and service transactions for banking, insurance, wealth management, field service, and government. Their Digital Transformation Blog offers ideas that impact customer acquisition and business agility for CIOs in those industries.
Three posts we like from The Digital Transformation Blog:
- 5 Keys to a Successful Digital Banking Transformation
- Why Adopt a Digital Customer Acquisition Strategy? One Word: Millennials
- Principles of a Great Digital Customer Experience
Frost & Sullivan is a growth partnership company offering advisory services and expert insights. They share some of those insights into digital transformation in their blog, which serves as an interactive portal to current news, best practices, and thought leadership.
Three posts we like from Frost & Sullivan – Digital Transformation:
- Digital Transformation in an Age of Change
- Change is the New Norm: Real-Time is at the Core of Digital Transformation
- Finally Speech Recognition has Its Day – Digital Transformation and Customer Care
Hootsuite is the world’s most widely used social relationship platform. Their blog is a go-to resource for CIOs who want to learn more about digital transformation because it contains posts featuring expert insight and first-hand accounts of innovating with the digital initiative.
Three posts we like from Hootsuite:
- Hootsuite’s Ryan Holmes Talks Digital Transformation with RBC CEO Dave McKay
- How the NYPD Transformed Itself with Social Media
- Industry Experts Discuss Why Brands Must Personalise the Customer Journey
Accenture helps life and property and casualty insurers achieve high performance. Their blog covers digital transformation as it relates to the insurance industry and includes tips for using digital to deliver relevant digital experiences, challenges insurers face when going digital, and the innovation and collaboration needed to make digital work.
Three posts we like from Accenture Insurance Blog:
- Key Steps to Help P&C Insurers Build the Liquid Workforce They’re Going to Need in the Digital Economy
- Insurers Must Learn the Golden Rule of Innovation – Collaboration is Crucial
- These Digital Technologies Need to be on the Watch-List of Every Insurer
Informatica is the world’s leading provider of data management solutions in the cloud, on premise, or in a hybrid environment. The Informatica blog features digital transformation and leadership tips for CIOs looking to begin the process or ensure that it goes smoothly.
Three posts we like from Informatica Blog:
- Digital Transformation – What Does It Mean to CSPs?
- Digital Transformation and Data Integration
- CIOs Show that They Understand Business Leadership
Ericsson understands how being connected in a networked society transforms our lives and the world. Their Networked Society Blog considers digital transformation from utility, network, and consumer viewpoints to help CIOs understand the full impact and implications of innovative initiatives.
Three posts we like from The Networked Society Blog:
- Yoda Says, “Do. Or Do Not. There is No Try” to All Industries
- The Consumer is Dead. Long Live the User!
- Digital Drive Decision Dilemma – Who are the 5.4 People Shaping Major Network Decisions in 2016?
BMC is a global leader in software solutions that help IT transform traditional businesses into digital enterprises for the ultimate competitive advantage. The BMC Blogs contain several informative posts concerning digital transformation covering strategy, management, and security concerns for CIOs.
Three posts we like from BMC Blogs:
- 5 Ways Workload Automation Can Accelerate Digital Transformation
- The Digital Transformation: 21st Century DB2 Data Management
- Powering Digital Transformation: IT Management in the Spotlight
Digital transformation and innovation strategist Adriaan Bouten is CEO and founder of Digital Prism Advisors (dprism). dprism is an advisory firm that helps transform businesses in order to take advantage of the digital ecosystem; as such, their blog contains a wealth of information about the digital transformation and includes important lessons for CIOs.
Three posts we like from Digital Prism Advisors:
- The New Digital Economy Requires New Ways of Working
- Digital is Not Just an Update, It’s a New Beast
- Customer Centricity is the North Star of Digital Innovation
Happiest Minds is a digital transformation firm enabling companies to leverage disruptive technologies such as Big Data, mobile, analytics, security, cloud, and IoT. Their blog is a resource rich in tips and strategies for transforming businesses with digital innovation.
Three posts we like from Happiest Minds:
- The Critical Success Factors for Digital Transformation Programmes and How to Meet Them
- Location Services, Mobile Apps and Personalization: Digital Transformation of the Customer Experience
- A Key Element of Digital Strategy Today is Content Monetization
Centric Digital is a pure play digital transformation company reshaping business models and customer experiences to help traditional businesses grow in an increasingly digital world. Their blog features use cases, tips for undergoing digital transformation, and more for CIOs.
Three posts we like from Centric Digital:
- 10 Steps to Guiding a Company’s Digital Transformation
- Launching a Data Driven Digital Transformation
- A Framework for Digital Business Transformation
Progress simplifies the development, deployment, and management of business applications on premise or on any cloud, platform, or device. From creating a culture of digital transformation, to engaging employees and customers via digital transformation, the Progress Blogs share strategies for CIOs.
Three posts we like from Progress Blogs:
- Creating and Supporting a Culture of Digital Transformation
- Delivering Transformative Apps: A Pace-Layered Strategy
- No-Compromise Digital Transformation – Inside and Out
A global leader in enterprise information management, OpenText is Canada’s largest software company. With posts about the customer journey, analytics, and application development, OpenText Blogs share insightful digital transformation information and advice.
Three posts we like from OpenText Blogs:
- The Questions You Should be Asking Along the Redefined Customer Journey
- If Wilt Chamberlain is Running Your Digital Transformation, Fire Him!
- Is Your Application Development Getting Lost in Translation?
Nitro changes how the world works with documents and helps teams work smarter. The Nitro Blogs cover digital transformation related topics such as company culture, challenges CIO face when implementing it, why it is a must for today’s companies.
Three posts we like from Nitro Blogs:
- The Productivity Impact of Successful Digital Transformation
- Three Insights to Help Address the Future Challenges of the CIO
- Company Culture: Your Missing Link to Digital Transformation
Capgemini Consulting is comprised of transformation consultants for today’s digital world. They share views, insights, and thoughts on everything digital in their blog, Digital Transformation Conversations.
Three posts we like from Digital Transformation Conversations:
- Bye Bye Paper; Hello Digital Reporting
- Building Digital Dexterity – The Essential Ingredient for Sustained Success in the Digital Era
- The First Step is Simply to Dare: Harnessing the $1 Trillion B2B Digital Commerce Opportunity
Pharmaceutical Market Europe (PMLiVE) shares news, opinions, and analysis of healthcare, pharma, and biotech. Their blog includes information about digital transformation specific to these industries.
Three posts we like from PMLiVE:
- Novartis Plots Digital Transformation in Medical Education
- The Digital Transformation of Market Research
- How Bayer Transformed Its Approach to Digital
Hortonworks breaks down silos, pushes boundaries, and enables entire ecosystems to flourish. An innovative company working to power the future of data, Hortonworks also offers insightful discussions and advice on digital transformation for CIOs in their blog posts.
Three posts we like from Hortonworks:
- How to Create Customer Centric Digital Transformation
- The Six Megatrends Helping Enterprises Derive Massive Value from Big Data
- How Data Science is Transforming the Banking Industry
c5 Insight helps companies create continuously engaged employees that transform the customer experience. Their C5 Insight Blog contains information on digital transformation, especially as it relates to the workplace.
Three posts we like from C5 Insight Blog:
- 4 Reasons Why Your Intranet is No Longer Effective
- Infographic: Digital Transformation
- 5 Rules for Business Relationships in the Digital Workplace
IT Best of Breed is a source dedicated to helping IT channel solution providers build, manage, and transform from a technology and business model perspective. The digital transformation posts in their blog are perfect for CIOs because they feature interviews with experts, the impact of digital transformation on the customer experience, and the leadership necessary for aligning digital marketing and sales.
Three posts we like from IT Best of Breed:
- An Interview with Gregg Ambulos: Digital Transformation and the Power of the Portfolio
- Going Digital: Study Sees ‘Turning Point’ In Transformations
- It’s Time for IT Infrastructures Built for Cloud, Data and Engagement
A Red Hat blog, JBoss Middleware Blog shares stories of how to innovate more quickly and more intelligently. Covering integration, strategy, and leadership, JBoss’ digital transformation blogs contain the information CIOs need.
Three posts we like from JBoss Middleware Blog:
- Intro to Integration
- New Styles of Integration are the Hallmark of Digital Transformation
- Defining a New Value for IT
Unisys Corporation is a global information technology company that works to solve the IT and business challenges of the world’s largest companies and government organizations. As specialists in integrated, leading-edge solutions, Unisys understands digital transformation and shares their insights in more than two dozen posts for CIOs on their blog.
Three posts we like from Unisys Blogs:
- Gathering the Building Blocks for a Digital Enterprise
- Advancing the Digital Transformation Agenda in the UK
- Transforming Workplace Productivity for the Digital Enterprise
EMC Corporation focuses on cloud computing, Big Data, and IT solutions to help you transform operations and provide IT as a service. Posts in their Emerging Technologies Blog offer information on infrastructure, analytics, vision, and more for CIOs diving into digital transformation.
Three posts we like from EMC Emerging Technologies Blog:
- A Modern All-IP Infrastructure for Your Media Digital Transformation
- Digital Strategies: Are Analytics Disrupting the World?
- A Look Back Forward: IT Visions, Miscues, and True Transformations (Said Simply: Ken Olsen Was Right After All!)
Marketo helps marketers master the art and science of digital marketing by driving technology innovation and expertise for tomorrow. The Marketo Blog shares trends and insights in digital transformation as it relates to marketing for C-suite leaders.
Three posts we like from Marketo Blog:
- CMO Spotlight: 3 Trends That Will Drive Digital Transformation
- There’s a “C Change” Underway: CMOs and CIOs Are Aligning for Digital Disruption
- Marketing Redefined: 3 Ways Technology Is Transforming Marketing
Econsultancy publishes independent research, analysis, and advice on digital marketing, social media, ecommerce, SEO, mobile, and tech for businesses. Their blog posts on digital transformation address approaches, culture, digital leaders, and more for CIOs.
Three posts we like from Econsultancy:
- Four Different Approaches to Digital Transformation: Which Suits Your Needs?
- Digital Transformation: Five Key Tenets of a Digital Leader
- The A-Z of Digital Transformation
IT Business Edge is a technology intelligence agent providing an easier and more effective way to stay on top of the IT issues that affect your company. Because they are in the forefront of business technology, IT Business Edge is an authority on digital transformation; they share their insight in their blog posts for CIOs.
Three posts we like from It Business Edge:
- 9 Rules for Digital Transformation in the Enterprise
- Where Digital Transformation, Leadership Intersect
- Why ‘Digital Transformation’ Is All About Changing the Way You Think
Dynatrace enables better customer conversions, faster releases, and simpler operations with digital performance management. They also share digital transformation insights and case studies for C-level leaders in their APM Blog.
Three posts we like from Dynatrace APM Blog:
- Best Western: Scrappy Digital Transformation
- Four Key Elements of Unified Monitoring in the Digital World
- Going Mobile: Adopting a “Mobile-First” Strategy
Smart Insights deals in the must-know developments, advice, tools, and statistics for digital marketing strategy. Their blog focuses on that strategy and features case studies and expert tips for making digital transformation work.
Three posts we like from Smart Insights:
- The Race Against Digital Darwinism: The Six Stages of Digital Transformation
- Creating a Digital Transformation Plan: 3 Essential Steps to Kickstart Digital Transformation
- How Companies are Successful at Digital Transformation: The 12 Key Areas You Need to Get Right for a Successful Digital Transformation Project
MuleSoft is revolutionizing the way the world connects data and applications. Their blog looks at every angle of digital transformation, from its potential impacts on revenue to recent trends, and the in-depth posts contain the know-how that CIOs need.
Three posts we like from MuleSoft Blog:
- IT Leaders Will Fail at Digital Transformation – Here’s Why
- Failed Digital Transformation Could Have a Negative Impact on Revenue
- The Top 3 Obstacles to Digital Transformation
R Ray Wang is the CEO of ConstellationR, a best-selling author, and a business innovator. His blog offers a “place for honest and candid discussion about what can work, what others have tried, and what is of value.” Wang provides conversations about insider insights into enterprise technology, software, and innovations such as digital transformation in his blog.
Three posts we like from R Ray Wang:
- Best Practices: Five Critical Success Factors to Digital Transformation
- Monday’s Musings: Data – The Foundation of Real-Time Digital Business
- News Analysis: In Search of Growth Amidst Digital Disruption
Lloyds Banking Group, the UK’s largest banking group, has embraced digital and adopted new tools to provide a better customer experience. They also are pursuing innovative solutions and sharing insight into digital transformation for CIOs on their blog.
Three posts we like from Lloyds Banking Group:
- Using Agile to Deliver for SME Businesses
- Creating a World-Class Mobile Banking Experience
- Digital Innovation in Banking Rises and Gives Customers More Help at Hand Than Ever Before
A global leader in portfolio management and project collaboration, Planview helps organizations drive results by optimizing the capacity of people and financial resources. Their blog is rife with information and tips that can help CIOs drive digital transformation.
Three posts we like from Planview Blog:
- Capacity-Centered IT: The Secret to Successful Digital Transformation Initiatives
- How Can Your Organization Leverage Portfolio Management to Drive Digital Transformation?
- The Digital Race, Enterprise Edition
Isaac Sacolick is a top 100 social CIO and digital transformation leader who focuses on innovation, agile, Big Data, data science, and digital marketing. Sacolick’s digital transformation posts are among some of the most insightful and helpful on our list.
Three posts we like from Social, Agile, and Transformation:
- Strategies Beyond “In House” to Address Digital Transformation
- Why Agile Data Science Practices Drive Big Data Impact
- Leading Digital Transformation? Ask This Question -> What is Everyone Working On?
Leaders in association web strategy and technology consulting, .orgSource has been guiding digital transformations for more than 10 years. They share their experience and expertise for CIOs in their blog posts, which cover topics from digital culture to steps for achieving digital transformation.
Three posts we like from .orgSource:
- Digital Culture & Transformation
- Six Steps for Achieving Digital Transformation
- What’s Your Digital Strategy?
A global B2B software company, mrc specializes in web application development software. Author Joe Stangarone is a veteran of the IT industry with more than 30 years of experience. He shares his leadership and technology insights on the Cup of Joe Blog and focuses on how businesses can save time and money while increasing productivity via digital transformation.
Three posts we like from mrc’s Cup of Joe Blog:
- 5 Common Digital Transformation Myths
- 6 Major Roadblocks to Digital Transformation
- 5 Important Facts about Digital Transformation
Digitalist Magazine delivers under-the-radar trends, technologies, and disruptors to simplify digital transformation. Their posts are geared toward C-level leaders and cover fundamentals, data security, the digital enterprise, and more.
Three posts we like from Digitalist Magazine:
- Digital Transformation and Data Security: A Matter of Law
- Does the CIO Need a Partner in Digital Transformation?
- Will IT Find Relevance in the Race for Digital Transformation?
i-SCOOP is at the convergence of information, digital, transformation, customer experience, marketing, and holistic optimization. While i-SCOOP does not offer a traditional digital transformation blog, they do provide a comprehensive online guide divided into sections that read like blog posts. Their guide offers advice and insights plus straightforward discussion of digital transformation for CIOs.
Three posts we like from i-SCOOP:
- Digital Business Transformation – A Holistic Approach
- Digital Transformation Myths and Realities
- Digital Transformation Beyond Technology: The Human Differentiator
Electric Lightwave is a communications company that applies agility, expertise, infrastructure, and services to build reliable, secure solutions to solve even the most challenging technical issues. Their Out of the Ethernet blog puts that expertise to good use in digital transformation posts for CIOs.
Three posts we like from Electric Lightwave’s Out of the Ethernet:
- A CIO’s Role in Digital Transformation
- 4 Tips for Your Own Digital Transformation
- CIOs Continue to Manage Tight Budgets
KPMG is a U.S. audit, tax, and advisory services firm that offers a comprehensive blog that covers topics such as technology, the cloud, business management, C-level leadership, and digital transformation. Many of the blog posts lead to further information in the way of white papers, podcasts, and webcasts.
Three posts we like from KPMG:
- Measuring Your Digital Business Aptitude: Are You Ready for Digital Transformation?
- Enabling the Digital Enterprise: A CIO Checklist for Digital Transformation
- The Creative CIO’s Agenda: Six Big Bets for Digital Transformation
Digital strategy and transformation consultant Jo Caudron and entrepreneur and technology enthusiast Dado Van Peteghem are the founders of Duval Union Consulting, a company for the new digital world. They also are the writers behind the Digital Transformation Book, which includes articles on digital transformation for CIOs.
Three posts we like from Digital Transformation Book:
- Digital Disruption is About the “Substantial Minority”
- Disruption, Digital Transformation & deJuristen
- Understanding the Different Generations in Digital Transformation
An American business magazine, Forbes features original articles on finance, industry, investing, and marketing topics. Forbes is one of the most robust digital transformation resources on our list, with more than 2,000 articles.
Three posts we like from Forbes:
- Digital Transformation and the Lottery Effect
- How Company Culture Drives Digital Transformation and Business Adaptability
- Digital Transformation Is Not Science Fiction Anymore
ZDNet is at the intersection of technology and business. They offer more than 1,100 posts on digital transformation from industry experts and thought leaders, including those who understand the role of the CIO in leading the change.
Three posts we like from ZDNet:
- Digitally Enable Business – Don’t Just Digitally Transform
- Network the ‘Foundation’ of Digital Transformation: Cisco
- The Digital Transformation Conversation Shifts to How
Computerworld is the voice of business technology. Their blog posts are geared toward senior technology professionals and C-suite leaders create and execute business-changing strategies such as digital transformation as successfully as possible.
Three posts we like from Computerworld:
- 6 Steps for Digital Transformation
- The Digital-Transformation Train Has Left the Station: Is Your Company On Board?
- The Holy Grail of Digital Transformation: Improved Employee Efficiency
MONEYBALL FOR SALES AND MARKETING
MARKETING CONTENT MANAGEMENT BUYER’S GUIDE
HOW TO BUILD A SALES PORTAL