SiriusDecisions Summit 2017 Day 2 Recap
What a day at #SDSummit! Hope you enjoyed today’s keynote sessions.
If you haven’t already done so, there’s just a few hours left to enter Docurated’s drawing for a chance to win a $2,000 Apple gift card. If you haven’t done so already be sure to stop by booth 707.
New Demand Waterfall
The eagerly awaited new model was unveiled today by Terry Flaherty and Kerry Cunningham. Representing a further evolution from the rearchitected Demand Waterfall, the Demand Unit Waterfall features new and refined stages and, most importantly, redefines how organizations define a “buyer.”
Several recent b-to-b trends inspired the Demand Waterfall update: First, organizations are increasingly focused on understanding their buyers and defining go-to-market strategies designed to align to specific personas and buying centers.
With the increase in buyer understanding and early visibility, organizations are poised to better track buyers’ entrance into the Demand Waterfall and their progression through its stages. Enter the Demand Unit Waterfall, which starts with a target market containing potential demand units. Demand units are defined as a buying group that has been organized to address a need the organization is challenged with. Demand units – not accounts – are usually the true targets that marketing (and product and sales) should have in mind when thinking about buyers. Buyer, needs and solution must match for a demand unit to exist.
Quotes of the day
- Joe Chernov Vice President of Marketing at InsightSquared was just introduced as “The Grandfather of Content Marketing.”
- Drew Sherwood @SiriusSherwood “A thousand phone cameras go up to take home a view of the new Demand Unit Waterfall”
- @ledgerbennett Define, measure, diagnose!
- @clickbyclick “thanks @CountingCrows for reliving dreams”
- @siriusdecisions What content asset types are most valuable to customers? Analyst Report 32%, Sales Presentation 28%, Case Study 22%, Interactive Brochure 22%, Published Article 20%, Static Brochure 16%
- #AI can help with content recommendations and relevancy CMO @Demandbase
Today’s Top Picks
Can’t miss sessions today include:
- IS YOUR ORGANIZATION AS GOOD AT DEMAND CREATION AS YOU THINK? – Thursday, May 18, 9.15am
- THE SIRIUSDECISIONS SALES OPERATING MODEL: A HIGH-PERFORMANCE BLUEPRINT – Thursday, May 18, 11.20am
- Titanium Celebration @ Brooklyn Bowl 7pm to 10pm
Finally, only a few hours left to stop by booth 707 to be in with a chance to win a $2,000 Apple gift card.