Account-Based Marketing Resources: 54 of the Best Articles, Webinars, Tutorials and More on Account-Based Marketing
Account-based marketing plays a vital role in creating sustainable growth as marketers and their companies work to increase profitability with their VIP accounts. Account-based marketing (ABM) shifts the focus to individual clients and their needs. A collaborative approach, account-based marketing engages sales, marketing, delivery, and key executives toward achieving a client’s business goals.
Because of its high levels of personalization, account-based marketing delivers some of the highest ROI of any B2B marketing strategy. Implementing a successful account-based marketing plan takes planing, sound methodology, industry best practices, and dedication. To help set you on the right path to successful account-based marketing, we have scoured the internet for some of the most authoritative resources available. The articles, eBooks, guides, infographics, reports, videos, webcasts and webinars, and white papers that we have rounded up include tips, strategies, advice, and best practices from industry and thought leaders, marketing experts, and top consultants.
Please note, we have listed our top account-based marketing resources in no particular order.
- Guides and How-Tos
- Multi-Media Resources
- Reports and White Papers
- Videos, Webcasts, and Webinars
ClickZ is a digital marketing magazine that delivers marketing news and expert advice. This account-based marketing article by Mathew Sweezey, marketing automation evangelist from Pardot, offers a look into why this marketing strategy will soon be one of the biggest revenue drivers for B2B business.
Three key ideas we like from The 5 Things to Know About Account-Based Marketing:
- Account-basked marketing is based on the collective decision-making process, and it is easy to target the collective with account-based marketing’s IP-based targeting
- Account-based marketing is the most effective way to deliver a relevant ad to the correct person at the correct time
Direct Marketing News is a top resource for innovative marketers who crave insight on results-driven strategies and trends. Written by Direct Marketing News Associate Managing Editor Andrew Corselli, this account-based marketing article examines why few marketers are implementing it, even though more than 90% of them say that account-based marketing is valuable.
Three key statistics we like from Marketers Aren’t Taking Advantage of Account-Based Marketing – Yet:
- SiriusDecisions’ “2015 State of Account-Based Marketing” study shows that ABM is essential to improving sales and marketing alignment, yet only 20% of marketers have had full programs in place for more than a year and believe they lack the support needed to be successful
- More than 60% of companies plan to invest in ABM technology
- 47% of companies say they don’t think their ABM teams have the necessary skills for ABM and their marketing teams need more support to succeed at ABM
Sangram Vajre currently is co-founder and CMO of Terminus and previously was Marketing Head at Pardot, a Salesforce company. In this account-based marketing article, Vajre explains why ABM is the better choice for targeting marketing, typically with online advertising, on the account level rather than on the individual level with one-lead, one-channel email nurturing.
Three key ideas we like from 5 Killer Reasons Why Account-Based Nurturing Is Critical to your B2B Marketing Strategy:
- ABM allows marketers to reach more stakeholders than ever, because you don’t have to have your buyers’ telephone numbers or email addresses to expose them to your marketing message
- ABM messages are delivered whenever your buyers already are engaging online
- AMB ensures that all stakeholders within the account receive regular touchpoints throughout the sales process; you are not focusing on just one contact in your CRM system
A marketing intelligence platform, Radius helps B2B marketers make sense of data. In this article, Craig Rosenberg, Radius author, examines the ways in which a number of fundamentals of ABM can be applied to sales and marketing to SMBs and succeed. He makes the point that even though ABM programs typically focus on larger enterprise prospects, ABM tactics do work when selling to SMBs.
Three key ideas we like from How to Use Account-Based Marketing When Selling to SMBs:
- The first successful step to successful ABM campaigns to to carefully choose a set of target accounts on which to focus
- Start SMB campaigns with prospect insights, which are typically best found on social media sites such as Yelp, Twitter, and Facebook, and look at trends that stand out, such as competition or signs of growth
- Tailor your marketing and sales messages to your target prospects
SimplyCast is a top customer flow communication platform that combines inbound marketing, marketing automation, and multi-channel communication. In this SimplyCast blog article by Veronica Taylor, readers learn that ABM effectively joins sales and marketing and appeals to large groups of decision makers, rather than single leads.
Three key ideas we like from How Will Account-Based Marketing Change Your Business?:
- ABM is so highly targeted that the process may be referred to as “hyper-personalization”
- ABM gives marketers the ability to target accounts with real-time ads so you don’t have to spend money placing ads on hundreds of pages
- ABM utilizes new technology to enable marketers to better target leads and results in bigger sales and higher customer loyalty
eWEEK has been sharing enterprise tech news, reviews, and analysis for more than 30 years. This eWEEK account-based marketing article by Nathan Eddy shares insights from SiriusDecisions and the Demandbase Marketing Innovation Summit for B2B, which show that companies utilizing ABM claim that their marketing and sales are aligned, with 34% reporting tight alignment. Eddy also shares remarks from Peter Isaacson, Demandbase CMO, and Megan Heuer, VP and group director at SiriusDecisions.
Three key ideas we like from Account-Based Marketing Adoption Grows:
- “At its core, account-based marketing is about aligning sales and marketing around target accounts that are the highest valued and matter most.” ~ Peter Isaacson, Demandbase CMO
- “It’s also true that, as buyers seek more self-service options both pre- and post-sale, marketing’s digital toolkit is an essential extension to what sales provides. This has created the perfect storm for ABM adoption, and the study reflects these market conditions.” ~ Megan Heuer, VP and group director at SiriusDecisions
- Companies are seeing extraordinary business results that illustrate the effectiveness of ABM in improving performance
Velocity is a top European B2B technology marketing agency. In this account-based marketing article, Velocity co-founder and creative director Doug Kessler discusses Marketo founder, Jon Miller, and his new company Engagio. Miller and Engage are doing “a specific kind of B2B marketing automation” to support account-based marketing.
Three key ideas we like from Account-Based Marketing: What Jon Miller Did After Marketo:
- “At its core, account-based marketing encompasses everything that B2B marketers do to support sales at target accounts. This includes selecting and prioritizing account lists, generating new contacts, gathering account intelligence, building account plans, running field-marketing events, prospecting into new relationships, and engaging accounts online.” ~ Jon Miller, Engagio
- “In account-based marketing, sales and marketing work together to create an always-on series of touches and relationship building aimed at these accounts. One meeting with an account is just the beginning – not the end – of an account-based marketing program.” ~ Craig Rosenberg, The Funnelholic
- Account-based marketing brings salespeople and marketers together to track and prod named accounts
Terminus works to accelerate pipeline velocity and drive more revenue through account-based marketing with B2B advertising automation. In this article about Craig Rosenberg, co-founder and chief analyst at TOPO, Terminus co-founder and CMO Sangram Vajre analyzes Rosenberg’s argument that account-based marketing and outbound sales are two different animals.
Three key ideas we like from Three Reasons Craig Rosenberg Got It Right With Account-Baseed Marketing:
- Outbound prospecting is an important piece of account-based marketing, but ABM requires alignment with sales teams to truly work
- For ABM messaging to have an impact, insight has to come from sales reps who have daily conversations with prospects
- Outbound sales is a manual process that involves calling or emailing prospects, but ABM can be automated so that messages reach buyers on their schedule, not yours
This account-based marketing article from PR Newswire analyzes the results of the 2015 State of Account-Based Marketing (ABM) Study that reveals ABM is essential to improving sales and marketing alignment and that an overwhelming majority of companies recognize the value of ABM. The article highlights data from the survey and shares insights from Demandbase and SiriusDecisions executives.
Three key points we like from More Than 90 Percent of Marketers Believe That Account-Based Marketing Is a B2B Must-Have:
- Wider adoption of ABM is expected, with nearly 2/3 of companies planning to invest in ABM technology to better align sales and marketing in the next 12 months
- “I expect adoption to grow rapidly as companies that have made this switch have seen tremendous results by focusing their efforts on attracting, engaging, converting and measuring the accounts that are most likely to buy.” ~ Peter Isaacson, Demandbase CMO
- Sales involvement in ABM is high, as marketers work with sales to define account goals and plans
Lattice delivers data-driven business applications that help companies market and sell more intelligently. In this Lattice blog article, Senior Director of Product Marketing Nipul Chokshi describes and examines account-based marketing.
Three key ideas we like from The Shift to Account-Based Marketing:
- B2B buying now is a sale that requires multiple influencers and decision makers
- ABM includes named accounts that your organization has targeted, accounts reaching you through in bound channels, and those in your existing customer base with the potential to buy more or at risk of churning
- ABM helps companies optimize spend around all account-based activities and strategies
LeanData, Inc. strives to simplify account-based sales and marketing. Dan Ziman, marketing strategy consultant and author of this account-based marketing article for LeanData, explains that surveys and research studies reveal that account-based marketing is back in a big way, as marketers see the critical importance of aligning their go-to-market strategies more closely with sales.
Three key ideas we like from What’s Behind the Resurgence for Account-Based Marketing:
- Today, SMBs and mid-range companies are able to target, assign, and manage hundreds of prospective accounts and customers
- The industry needs to manage the inconsistent definitions of account-based marketing and recognize that it applies to every step of the customer acquisition and experience lifecycle, or the “full funnel”
- The industry requires more comprehensive methods for measuring ABM success, since standard lead metrics, CPL, MQLs, and conversion rates don’t tell the entire account-based story
TOPO is a research and advisory firm that helps sales and marketing adopt the strategies and best practices that drive exceptional revenue growth. In this TOPO blog article by chief analyst Craig Rosenberg, readers get to explore the effective tactics to use with their account-based marketing strategy.
Three key ideas we like from Account-Based Marketing: 11 Tactics to Drive Your ABM Process:
- Use retargeting to keep your brand in front of accounts
- Create sales territories designed to convert
- Use social intelligence to understand what matters to prospects
SiriusDecisions is a leading global B2B research and advisory firm. Vice President and Group Director of Data-Driven Marketing at SiriusDecisions, Megan Heuer explains in this account-based marketing article that good ABM isn’t easy.
Three key ideas we like from Believe the Hype – You Should Be Doing Account-Based Marketing:
- Marketers can use account-based marketing to focus on the accounts most likely to support growth
- ABM’s popularity is due in par to the fact that it is “a sensible evolution for the next phase of sales and marketing alignment and it works well with the reality of the buyer’s journey”
- The upfront effort associated with account-based marketing requires significant work to define goals with sales and use account insights to make better tactical choices
Denis Pombriant is the founder and managing principal of CRM market research firm and consultancy Beagle Research Group, LLC. In this account-based marketing article for Lattice’s blog, Pombriant stresses the importance of understanding that marketing needs to include materials and programs that aim at all parts of the sales cycle.
Three key ideas we like from Account-Based Marketing: Targeting the Committee:
- Segmenting marketing content and effort by buyer persona or role provides an automatic sort of the customer data you collect
- Consuming content and programs aimed at later buying cycle stages provide an objective way to score leads and deals and enable sales to deploy resources where they will do the most good
- Analyzing past sales processes against this idea provides clear account-level buying signals to apply to current and future deals
Avention empowers sales, marketing, and research pros to discover leads, market segments, and business insights in new ways. This Avention blog article by Trisha Ellis explains that account-based marketing is like building a relationship with someone and requires marketers to discover information about clients so they have the necessary tools to create long-lasting relationships.
Three key ideas we like from Account-Based Marketing and How to Make Your Prospect Your Next Friend:
- Personalized marketing campaigns are an important component of account-based marketing, and developing personalized webinars, blogs, and emails on topics specifically geared toward prospects helps to draw them in
- Account-based marketing allows for standardization by identifying strategies that work and duplicating them to create a process that you then customize for specific accounts
- Account-based marketing typically is most successful with accounts that are “warm” and have potentially large benefits for your company
The DMA is the largest professional body representing the UK one-to-one marketing industry. In this account-based marketing article for the DMA, Pauline Fox, a marketing and sales executive of The Telemarketing Company, explores five ways telemarketing “neatly dovetails with some of the key requirements of ABM”: data, insight, personalization, aligning sales and marketing, and longer term approach – sustainability.
Three key ideas we like from How Telemarketing Can Support Account-Based Marketing:
- New account-based marketing supportive technologies are emerging, but the underlying principles of ABM align well to marketing best practices, including data and insight, profiling and segmentation, and targeting and personalization
- Telephone research provides insight to inform the account strategy, as well as an opportunity to test and refine offers and propositions to better address client needs and interests
- Because of the flexible nature of telemarketing and its easy integration with other channels and activities, it can help provide the alignment between sales and marketing that ABM requires
Columnist Rachel Balik looks at account-based marketing in Marketing Land’s Account-Based Marketing: New Buzzword or New Reality? In the article, Balik reports that more than 90% of marketers now acknowledge the value of ABM. The potential of ABM lies in technology to automate and scale.
Three key ideas we like from Account-Based Marketing: New Buzzword of New Reality?:
- The first step in account-based marketing is to identify, market, and measure your target account list
- When identifying target accounts, you must shift your thinking away from buyer personas
- Segment your target account list to begin developing your marketing strategy
Chief Marketer is a one-stop marketing resource. Managing editor of Chief Marketer and co-programming chair for B2B LeadsCon, Beth Negus Viveiros explains in Align with Sales for Account Based Marketing that it is crucial for sales and marketing to be on the same page about which accounts are the top accounts and why.
Three key ideas we like from Align with Sales for Account Based Marketing Success:
- Keep in mind that ABM is not a formal protocol, but a strategy for creating content to engage and convert the right prospects
- Take a systematic approach to account-based marketing to determine your top accounts and get them into a sales conversation
- Utilize predictive analytics to create a real customer profile using data points instead of subjective factors
LinkedIn Marketing inspires marketers to succeed in business and in their careers. Sean Callahan, senior manager of content marketing at LinkedIn, shares tips and definitions from 10 ABM experts. Their insight into how they put account-based marketing into practice is a powerful resource.
Three key tips we like from What is Account-Based Marketing? 10 Definitions from the Experts:
- “You identify exactly the prospects you want to do business with and then you market very precisely and narrowly to them directly. I think we have a renewed interest in ABM now, because there’s an advancement in tools and technology that makes it a little easier to execute – but the idea of doing target account selling and target account marketing is not new.” ~ Matt Heinz, president of Heinz Marketing
- “If you only had one prospect to sell and market to, you would treat them with the same principles as outlined in ABM. It’s just aiming at a more well-defined area of that funnel, and treating your best buyers in a much more personal way. And we’re focusing on not only the lead but the account as a whole.” ~ Justin Gray, CMO of LeadMD
- “ABM is only as good as your visibility into your highest potential accounts and best-fit customer segments, which gets clearer over time. So it’s most effective when deployed as part of a comprehensive set of targeting strategies.” ~ Dave Karel, head of B2B marketing at LinkedIn Marketing Solutions
David Cain is group vice president of global marketing and operations at Marketo. His What is Account-Based Marketing (ABM) and Is It Right for You? focuses on targeting and personalization and explores why ABM is a more effective approach to achieving business goals than other marketing techniques.
Three key ideas we like from What is Account-Based Marketing (ABM) and is It Right for You?:
- When utilizing ABM, your marketing message is based on attributes and needs of the account you target
- ABM delivers the highest ROI of any B2B marketing strategy or tactic
- ABM reduces resource waste and allows marketers to focus resources efficiently and run marketing programs that are optimized for target accounts
Marketo wants to help marketers master the art and science of digital marketing through engagement, technology innovation, and expertise. They offer their free eBook, Account-Based Marketing: Bring Laser Focus to the Top of Your Funnel emphasizes the power of account-based marketing to invert the traditional early-stage marketing process, thereby targeting campaigns to specific accounts with real-time, personalized content as soon as they enter the funnel.
Three key strategies we like from Account-Based Marketing: Bring Laser Focus to the Top of Your Funnel:
- Focus on the conversation process and make it easier to measure
- Align marketing efforts more closely with sales goals
- Amplify lead nurturing with valuable insight into your website visitors
With Demandbase’s B2B Marketing Cloud, marketers can optimize their B2B marketing through account-based marketing. Demandbase offers their eBook, Account-Based Marketing: The Key to B2B Success, to help B2B marketers get better results with an account-focused strategy.
Three key topics we like from Account-Based Marketing: The Key to B2B Success:
- Segmenting prospects by account
- Optimizing programs to target the most valuable prospects and drive more revenue, with an account view
- Transforming your current marketing tactics into a broader account-based marketing strategy
This Marketo account-based marketing guide by Mike Telem, VP of Product Marketing and Real-Time Personalization at Marketo and co-founder of Insightera, offers the five essential steps to starting your own account-based marketing program. Telem points out that account-based marketing takes time, work, and cooperation within a company but that the effort is worth it, especially because ABM is associated with retaining and expanding existing client relationships.
Three key ideas we like from Be an Account-Based Marketing Champ in 5 Simple Steps:
- You must dig deep into the data to determine exactly which attributes should determine your target accounts
- Map your content to your target accounts to clearly assess which content will be most effective at each stage of the customer journey and which accounts respond to your assets
- Discover and set up the optimized touchpoints for your lead nurture plan and keep consistent messaging across all channels
Ledger Bennett Demand Generation Agency (LBDGA) helps customers increase revenue by deploying inbound marketing, content marketing, and marketing automation strategies. Within their resource center, they offer their account-based marketing guide, Account-Based Marketing – The Golden Bullet, which aims to help you target new accounts and grow existing clients.
Three key topics we like from Account-Based Marketing – The Golden Bullet:
- How to target and acquire new accounts
- Improve engagement of key accounts in innovative ways
- Strategically penetrate new buying center and locations
SimplyDIRECT identifies, engages, and qualifies prospects with precision through custom databased building and survey-based lead generation into target accounts. SimplyDIRECT President Lisa Vitale shares her account-based marketing guide that focuses on ABM as a more effective and efficient marketing plan that is ideal for broadening and deepening existing customer relationships.
Three key strategies we like from Quick-Start Guide to Account-Based Marketing – The What, Why, & How:
- Develop criteria for account selection after working with sales to clarify collective goals and establish the metrics needed to assess success
- Map content needs using a matrix and mapping content to the appropriate buyer stages, in the preferred formats, and via the best channels
- Analyze content consumption to determine the effectiveness of your message and adjust your content matrix and checklist as needed
Azalead is in the business of helping B2B companies accelerate sales with account-based marketing. This guide showcases their ABM philosophy and is based on their white paper entitled “Account-Based Marketing and BTOB Web Visit Identification.” Azalea stands behind the belief that ABM is an economical strategy because it concentrates marketing budgets on the priority accounts that are most likely to make purchases.
Three key strategies we like from 10-Step Guide To Assist You In Setting Up Account-Based Marketing:
- First, review key existing clients with sales and map the profile and criteria of a future ideal client: the strategic account
- Integrate the qualified list of strategic accounts into your CRM, even if they are not yet in contact with your organization
- Periodically refine your targets and strategic accounts list by involving the marketing and sales teams
OppSource helps marketing generate and nurture the leads that are most attractive to sales. With this guide, OppSource offers five steps for marketers to follow to make the transition to account-based marketing.
Three key ideas we like from Effectively Transform Your Leads From Contact to Account-Based:
- Account-based marketing targets all decision makers, rather than individual contacts
- Marketers need to uncover all of the decision makers and influencers who impact buying decisions
- Account-based marketing helps to produce the holist leads sales teams need
In this account-based marketing how-to available on SlideShare, Yanir Calisar, Senior Personalization Expert at Marketo, shares the ways in which ABM helps B2B marketers target high-yield accounts to stay focused on the deals that most likely will generate revenue.
Three key strategies we like from B2B Account-Based Marketing (ABM): How to Target Your Key Accounts and Drive Revenue:
- Discover and map effective content
- Drive engagement with target accounts
- Optimize your marketing budget to focus on the best-performing programs
Marketo views account-based marketing as a way to focus on strategic, revenue-generating accounts. Their ABM infographic provides a broad overview of how this type of marketing works and suggests five steps toward implementing ABM.
Three key points we like from Account-Based Marketing:
- Account-based marketing allows marketers to scale growth and revenue by generating marketing-sourced deals
- Key attributes of defining target accounts include firmographics, named accounts, and customer journey
- Determine optimal channels by setting up the touchpoint and nurturing the plan
MomentumABM is the leading European account-based marketing agency that helps clients become customer and account-centric. They offer a quick guide to ABM in the form of an infographic that stresses the point that B2B marketers employ account-based marketing to treat named accounts as a “market of one.”
Three key ideas we like from A Quick Visual ABM Guide:
- As buyer behavior in large enterprises changes and reflects increased expectations, sales and marketing need to align
- ABM emphasizes the importance of identifying and focusing on high-value accounts
- 80% of marketers measuring ROI say that ABM outperforms other marketing investments
Marketing Technology is a marketing blog that discusses SEO, inbound marketing, conversion optimization, email marketing, social media, mobile marketing, blogging, and analytics. They share the infographic put together by Demandbase that compares traditional B2B marketing to target account marketing.
Three key we points like from A Guide to Target Account Marketing:
- Identify and target specific companies on your website and elsewhere in the digital world
- Target account marketers spend 100% of their ad budgets on target accounts with zero waste
- Leads come with detailed and standardized company information, so there is no need for long forms
Demandbase is among the top account-based marketing leaders. They offer several resources on account-based marketing, including white papers, videos, case studies, webinars, and others.
Three key resources we like from Demandbase:
- Putting Content to work in Account-Based Marketing
- Sales vs. Marketing: How Account-Based Marketing Brought Us Together Webinar
- Kim Mai from NetApp on Demandbased Targeting & Personalization
Lattice focuses on customer lifecycle, data-driven marketing, and sales applications. They offer more than a half dozen authoritative and in-depth account-based marketing resources, including blog posts and a Demandbase featured resource.
Three key resources we like from Lattice Account-Based Marketing:
- Find Prospects Most Likely to Buy: Account Prioritization App
- How Demandbase Boosts its Close Rate and ACV with Lattice
- Account-Based Marketing: The Missed Opportunity?
SimplyDIRECT offers a free summary Pulse Report on account-based marketing trends for companies to compare their own account-based marketing approaches. The report details answers from 150 senior marketing executives at major technology companies regarding their current marketing capabilities.
Three key we ideas like from Account-Based Marketing Trends – Pulse Report:
- The state of the marketing database
- Preferred list sources
- The importance of engaging with senior decision makers
In this account-based marketing white paper, Demandbase examines how the rise in digital content on the internet has changed the B2B buying process and the two ways in which it affects B2B marketers: it has created Buyer 2.0 and it has resulted in stakeholders being more empowered, anonymous buyers. The white paper thoroughly addresses how account-based marketing addresses those challenges by aligning sales and marketing strategies for more effectiveness.
Three key points we like from Target Account Marketing: Delivering on the Promise of Account-Based Marketing:
- Focusing on accounts results in higher-quality leads delivered to sales in more manageable quantities
- B2B marketers must have the appropriate, necessary technology resources to gather information across marketing, web, and operations systems
- Target account marketing delivers the programmatic solution to drive true ABM at scale and allow B2B marketers to execute programs against their prioritized accounts more quickly, efficiently, and effectively than before
Alterra Group offers its clients access to only the most experienced and capable marketing professionals who design and execute superior thought leadership marketing programs that deliver proven results. Their account-based marketing white paper, written by Susan Buddenbaum and Bernie Thiel, explains how ABM has become one of the most important elements of firms’ overall marketing plans.
Three key ideas we like from The Rise of Account-Based Marketing: Leading Practices for Generating Greater Returns From Marketing:
- Consider quantitative and qualitative factors when choosing target accounts, and use a flexible approach for gauging the opportunity
- Staff ABM initiatives with marketers who possess deep account and industry knowledge in order to create account-relevant marketing messages and programs
- Closely measure the impact of ABM spending, focusing on quantifiable business metrics such as revenue growth
There are many strategies and best practices involved in account-based marketing. OppSource offers its white paper, Reengineering Your Lead Flows to Enable Account-Based Marketing, to help marketers learn how to change their practices and align with sales to create the leads the sales team needs.
Three key topics we like from Reengineering Your Lead Flows to Enable Account-Based Marketing:
- Why your lead “factory” isn’t creating the product your sales team needs
- Why a marketing automation platform won’t solve the sales and marketing problem
- Five steps to take to enable account-based marketing
Information Week covers IT news and information for businesses that use technology to get the job done. Their Tech Library features an account-based marketing white paper by ITSMA that emphasizes the importance of targeting messages based on the decision makers’ job roles.
Three key ideas we like from Penetrating Target Accounts with Account-Baseed Marketing:
- Account-based marketing is a structured approach to developing and implementing highly customized marketing campaigns
- Tailored messages based on account’s business and technology needs are a hallmark of account-based marketing
- Account-based marketing has a high rate of return and increases the ROI from your investments
Demand Gen Report is a publication that focuses exclusively on the strategies, tactics, and measurements that are key to generating demand. Their Guide to Removing Obstacles For Account-Based Marketing is a white paper that explains how to approach and eliminate the obstacles companies face when adopting account-based marketing.
Three key topics we like from Guide to Removing Obstacles For Account-Based Marketing:
- How to target leads more effectively
- How to take one small step to make sales 21 times more likely to qualify a lead
- How to clean up CRM data and boost conversion rates by 40%
Vidyard is a leading video marketing platform. But, Vidyard doesn’t just stop at hosting video content. Vidyard provides detailed viewer analytics and engagement data that you can push into your MAP and CRM. This account-based marketing resource from The Vidyard Blog is an article and video in one, and it shares targeted content information and insight from Avanish Sahai, Chief Product Officer at Demandbase, and his breakout session at the Ignite Video Marketing Conference.
Three key points we like from Creating Targeted B2B Content with Account-Based Marketing:
- Buying committees may include up to 20 people today, and tailoring content to all of those different people becomes possible with account-based marketing
- Common attributes used to categorize accounts for account-based marketing include industry/vertical, company size, company name, and account status
- Approach your ABM with a strategic approach that includes four best practices: identify business objectives, leverage existing content, target quick wins, and measure, rinse, and repeat
Vendemore has a centralized focus on account-based marketing with targeted digital marketing to key accounts. In nearly two and a half minutes, their account-based marketing video explains how to optimize marketing ROI with account-based marketing.
Three key ideas we like from Vendemore Account-Based Marketing Video:
- Advertising to key accounts helps land big deals that you can’t afford to lose
- Ad spend delivers bigger returns when you implement account-based marketing
- With account-based marketing, marketers have the ability to reduce budget waste, increase ROI, and impact all of the influencers and decision makers who are key to closing deals with key accounts
In this account-based marketing video, Demandbase explains a few of the fundamental keys to success in ABM. With a special focus on B2B salespeople and marketers, the video features Jennifer Pockell-Wilson, VP of Integrated Marketing and Business Operations at Demandbase, and runs nearly two and a half minutes.
Three key points we like from Demandbase Account-Based Marketing:
- Marketers and salespeople should share target lists when utilizing account-based marketing
- Account-based marketing helps marketers pinpoint their messages, rather than “spraying it out” and hoping to build revenue
- Account-based marketing makes messages much more relevant and engaging
In this account-based marketing video, Jeff Sands, VP and ABM Practice Lead at ITSMA, shares how ITSMA works with marketers to successfully implement ABM. ITSMA offers an account-based marketing model that helps marketers make all of their conversations about the customer and their business. The video emphasizes the importance of being relevant to the customer when implementing account-based marketing.
Three key points we like from Account-Based Marketing: It’s All About the Customer:
- To implement successful account-based marketing, marketers need to analyze both the accounts and the markets in which they exist
- Companies expect marketers to know about them, what they do, and what they need, so that marketers can show the companies what they will do for them
- In order for a company to successfully implement account-based marketing, the sales executive and marketing executive both need to buy into the ABM program
B2Beacon shares the latest in digital marketing through interviews with industry leaders and trendsetters. In this account-based marketing video from B2Beacon, Chris Golec, CEO of Demandbase, and Thad Kahlow, CEO of BusinessOnline, explore the tenets of ABM and its status as a winning strategy for B2B marketers.
Three key topics we like from Why Is Account-Based Marketing Right for B2B?
- Fundamentals of B2B account-based marketing
- The efficiency of account-based marketing
- Optimizing account-based display marketing for paid search
In this account-based marketing webcast, Megan Heuer, VP and Group Director of Data-Driven Marketing at SiriusDecisions, and Bob Basiliere, VP and Global Lead for Account-Based Marketing at EMC, explore the requirements of successful account-based marketing. ABM best practices are at the center of this webcast.
Three key topics we like from Faster Time to Impact with Account-Based Marketing:
- How to know if you’re ready for an account-based approach
- how to communicate with sales and the broader marketing team before, during, and after the ABM initial phase
- How to measure the impact and influence of ABM work
An on-demand webinar from LeanData, Uncovering Potential with Account-Based Marketing features speakers Craig Rosenberg, co-founde and chief analyst of TOPO, Justin Gray, CEO and Chief Marketing Evangelists at LeadMD, and Brian Birkett, VP of sales at LeanData. Hear all of Birkett and Gray’s insights on the uncovered potential of account-based marketing in this 30-minute webinar.
Three key topics we like from Uncovering Potential with Account-Based Marketing:
- Finding homes for leads
- Condense, consolidate, and convert leads into opportunities
- Quality still trumps quantity
In this account-based marketing webinar, Mike Telem and David Myers explain how ABM makes it possible to replicate the success of your top accounts identify similar accounts that will yield the most revenue. The webinar has a central focus on how to boost marketing ROI through account-based marketing, including identifying and engaging target accounts with personalized content, messaging, and calls to action across channels.
Three key topics we like from Account-Based Marketing: Target Key Accounts and Drive Revenue:
- Engage target accounts with personalized content to accelerate them through the funnel
- Analyze how effectively marketing programs are driving engagement with target accounts
- Align sales and marketing to drive deals
BrightTALK offers webinars and videos for professionals and their communities. In this BrightTALK webinar, Craig Rosenberg, the Funnelholic and co-founder of TOPO, lays the foundation for successful account-based marketing.
Three key topics we like from The Account-Based Marketing Gameplan: Drive Revenue From Your Dream Prospects:
- Best practices of account-based marketing
- The role of sales and overall sales-marketing alignment
- New, innovative ideas and examples for account-based marketing
ZoomInfo, a B2B data provider, delivers accurate and actionable business information to empower sales and marketing teams. In this webinar available on SlideShare, data expert Ned Leutz offers successful account-based marketing strategies, including how to implement them into campaigns and boost ROI.
Three key topics we like from The ABCs of ABM (Account-Based Marketing):
- Using data to target key accounts
- How to shorten the sales cycle and expand deal size using real-time personalization
- Boosting revenue by aligning sales and marketing efforts
This account-based marketing video from B2Beacon offers a succinct look at how companies can dive into ABM. Hear from account-based marketing leaders as they share their best tips for what companies should be doing (they they may not be doing) when it comes to succeeding with account-based marketing.
Three key points we like from Quick Advice to Start Account-Based Marketing:
- Leverage insights – be sure that you are using data correctly when creating an account-based marketing program or plan
- Consider yourself the hub of potential buyers who hold common interests and enable the collaboration and connectivity of influencers, advocates, and potential buyers
- Use the frameworks and methodologies that already exist
This account-based marketing resource is part of the LaunchPoint Webinar Series from Marketo and features Udi Ledergor of Panaya, Mike Telem of Infighter, and Mike Tomita of Marketo. Learn how to target desired accounts onsite and in real-time with this account-based marketing webinar.
Three key topics we like from The New Marketing Champ: 5 Steps to Real-Time Account-Based Marketing:
- Best practices for expanding content reach for a new market
- Steps to creating an account-based marketing program
- How to extend your top-of-funnel reach to accelerate customer acquisition
This Direct Marketing News webcast features B2B thought leader and Salesforce.com evangelist Mathew Sweezey and Demandbase CMO Peter Isaacson sharing the actionable insights that marketers need to implement account-based marketing right away in their organizations. They also explain how ABM enhances marketing activities at every point in the customer lifecycle.
Three key points we like from The Key to B2B Success: Account-Based Marketing:
- The importance of segmenting prospects by account
- How to optimize your programs to target the most valuable prospects that drive more revenue
- Achieving better results in net new lead generation, lead nurturing, and upsell and renewal with account-based marketing
In this webinar available on SlideShare, Mike Telem, VP of Product Marketing at Marketo, explains that account-based marketing is all about focus. He also explains that ABM helps organizations of all sizes leverage their resources to win the accounts that matter the most.
Three key points we like from Growth Hacking in B2B: Account-Based Marketing:
- Target prospects based on industry, revenue, and named accounts
- Targeting named accounts results in less objections, more wins, an awareness in the market, credibility, and more
- Targeting competitor’s prospects results in quicker cycles, bigger accounts, higher prices, and more
In this B2Beacon account-based marketing video, the discussion focuses on how B2B markets extend account-based marketing to more powerful digital display campaigns. Learn more about directing customer messages at only the individuals within target companies and how to stop wasting money on clicks from firms that will never buy.
Three key ideas we like from The Efficiency of Account-Based Marketing:
- One of the problems with B2B marketers is that they target a very tiny portion of available companies
- Account-based marketing incorporates optimizing spend around companies and their activities
- Leveraging proprietary data and monitoring companies’ activities on your website are two important components of successful account-based marketing programs
MONEYBALL FOR SALES AND MARKETING
MARKETING CONTENT MANAGEMENT BUYER’S GUIDE
A SINGLE SOURCE OF TRUTH FOR MARKETING + SALES
Further Reading from the Docurated Blog:
- 26 Experts Share Consultative Selling Tips
- What is Sales Management?
- What is Solution Selling?
- 50 Top Account Based Marketing Resources
- Examples of Great Content Marketing from 63 Marketing Pros
- 50 Killer Content Curation Tools
- 51 Must-Have Sales Automation Tools
- How to Create a Successful Digital Marketing Plan
- 6 Vital Sales Effectiveness Metrics
- 40 Awesome Sales Acceleration Apps