Top 54 Marketing Plan Software Tools and Apps: The Best Apps and Tools to Develop Effective Marketing Plans
The old adage, “If you fail to plan, you plan to fail” fits nearly any aspect of life. But, failing to plan your marketing strategy is a costly mistake that businesses and marketers cannot afford to make. Typically, a marketing plan describes an organization’s advertising and marketing efforts for the coming year. Most marketing plans include a statement of the marketing situation, a budget for marketing activities, a discussion of target markets and company position, and a description of the intended marketing mix to reach marketing goals. The marketing plan is just as important as the business plan.
But, companies do not have to create and design a marketing plan haphazardly. Today, there are dozens of marketing planning software tools and apps available that simplify and streamline the process, whether you have a marketing team of one or many. We have scoured the internet for the most popular and useful marketing plan tools and apps available. Most include expert advice and step-by-step processes to make the process of planning your marketing agenda more productive and efficient. Browse the apps and tools, see which best fits your budget, team and goals, and you’ll be developing a successful marketing plan in no time.
We offer our top 54 marketing plan tools and apps here, in no particular order.
PaloAlto Software’s Sales and Marketing Pro helps businesses design their marketing plan and sales strategy from beginning to end. Powered by the Duct Tape marketing system, Sales and Marketing Pro has been referred to as the “world’s most practical small business marketing guide” and praised by experts at Entrepreneur Magazine and Harvard Business School.
- Map marketing activities with clear milestones and track key tasks throughout the year
- Create a marketing plan that gives your business a target, rather than a document that gathers dust
- Build a marketing plan that helps you identify your goals and measure your progress against them
- Create a marketing calendar, including milestones, to plan campaigns, take action, and track progress
- Works only on a Windows PC
Cost: $179.95, with a 60-day money back guarantee
- Backup CD: $9.95
The Marketing Donut provides resources for business. When it comes to marketing plans, they offer blog posts, articles, case studies, checklists, and FAQs to help businesses create their best marketing plans. For even more specific help, The Marketing Donut makes its marketing plan template available online, at no cost.
- Create your own marketing action plan
- Identify key marketing activities
- A simple-to-follow template with questions, explanations, and guidance
If you have several ideas for your marketing plan and don’t really know where to start, it may be helpful to make use of a mind-mapping software like FreeMind. With this type of marketing plan tool, you can organize your ideas and thoughts in a visual way before putting them into a static document.
- Smart Drag’n Drop
- Smart copying and pasting
- Export map to HTML
- Fully functional following of HTML links stored in the nodes
From Mindset, MindManager is a tool for business and project mind mapping. MindManager’s industry-leading mind mapping features help marketing teams and organizations create marketing plans and accomplish your goals more efficiently.
- Quickly capture stakeholder input using brainstorming mode and then create easy-to-review goals dashboards
- Visually order and re-order topics, drill down to review details, and use priority markers to launch essential trade-off discussions, to ensure alignment
- Clearly map out tasks, resources, and schedules to develop more realistic plans
- Use integrated Gantt chart views to identify conflicts and adjust timelines
Cost: FREE trial available; Contact for a quote
Brainrider, a knowledge marketing group, offers its B2B Marketing Budget Planning Tool. The tool uses Forrester top performer B2B budget allocation benchmarks as presented by Lori Wizdo at Elevate2012.
- A great starting point for building marketing budgets
- Adjust your spending based on your priorities
- Get a working copy by email
We like MarketingPlanNOW for its guided marketing plan template. But, we really like the resources and information they provide in helping businesses prepare to complete their marketing plan, including a fact sheet, introduction video, and step-by-step instructions.
- Part One, Strategic Planning, includes analysis of the current situation and marketing strategy and objectives for next year
- Part Two, Action Plan, includes marketing action plan and budget for next year and periodic control procedures
- Videos, Powerpoint series, and hyperlinks offer explanation, examples, and guidance
Sometimes, the best marketing plan tool is a completed sample plan to use for reference. Each business needs to create a marketing plan specific to its needs, and SME Toolkit provides sample plans from various businesses so that you can get an idea of what marketing plans from various industries look like.
- Content provided by the U.S. Small Business Administration, Online Women’s Business Center
- Marketing plan examples from Mosaic Buttons (store) and Creative Cuisine (personal chef service)
- Competitive analysis chart
Marketing MO is an intelligent marketing planning and management app, plus a virtual marketing team for support. With Marketing MO’s comprehensive online marketing and planning management system, businesses can take advantage of a complete set of step-by-step plans and guided, interactive marketing templates.
- Step-by-step marketing plans
- Organized marketing planning and management in a single place in the cloud
- Interactive marketing planning template
- Single: $299 annual subscription – 1 User, access to all plans, content, and tools, for up to 10 projects
- Group: $599 annual subscription – 5 Users, access to all plans, content, and tools, for up to 50 projects
- Director: $1,499 annual subscription – 10 Users, access to all plans, content, and tools, for up to 100 projects, and download all plans and guided templates to Microsoft Word for customizing and using offline
- Consultant: $2,499 annual subscription – 10 Users and all Director plan features, plus project permissions to give clients access to projects in read-only mode and a custom training session
- Director Account: $5,999 the first year and $1,499 thereafter – Owning Market Mindshare positioning and brand strategy program with the Marketing MO team to build your positioning and brand strategy; includes additional content that dives deeper into the emotional drivers of your brand
Mplans offers practical ideas and helpful models to get you started with your own successful marketing plan. With more than 100 free sample marketing plans, Mplans has what you need to get inspired.
- Choose a marketing plan from the most popular categories in Mplans’ Featured Marketing Plan Categories
- A wide variety of industries using the Marketing Plan Categories
- Featured Marketing Plans are easy to search and find
Made available by the Australian Government, MarketMyBiz is an app that helps you develop marketing plans tailored to your businesses. MarketMyBiz is available for iOS and Android devices and gives you the template you need to achieve your business and marketing goals.
- Carry the plan with you wherever you go and store it online
- Prompts and handy tips for every step of the way
- Reach your target audience, boost your customer base, and increase your bottom line
- Based on business.gov.au’s popular marketing planning guide and template, created by experts
- Provides you with a clear, concise process to follow
SmartTools: Fast Marketing Plan is a fast and easy online service that is a best-in-class, step-by-step blueprint for creating the marketing plan you need. Whether you work from scratch or create your plan from an existing one, SmartTools: Fast Marketing Plan includes eight steps that are broken down into tasks to help you establish how best to reach your target, set your budget, and identify reasonable results.
- Eight steps, each broken down into concrete, comprehensive, interactive tasks
- Straightforward language with all the details you need
- Interactive, online service allows you to enter information, save it, and return later to keep working
- Create multiple versions of each project
- Jump around within your project, print the whole thing, and download supporting templates
Cost: FREE trial available; contact for a quote
Sales Benchmark Index (SBI) recognizes that marketing leaders need a proven framework to help marketing teams reach their full potential. Their Marketing Plan Assessment Tool helps businesses create and implement their marketing plans with ease.
- Establish a plan with ease of implementation
- Your completed pan will feature numerous high-impact actions
- Maximize feasibility of success
- Evaluate new ideas
- Executive opportunity cost
Desjardins Group is Canada’s largest cooperative financial institution. Their interactive marketing plan is a simple tool that helps businesses establish their mixed marketing strategies and determine the scope of the challenges they will face.
- Incorporates a thorough methodology to help you build your market research, target your audience, and analyze your competitors
- Helps businesses get their 4 Ps up and running: price, product, promotion, and place
- Market research made easy
- Access information capsules and tip sheets that guide you through different concepts and help you progress with your strategies
Written by a PhD professor with more than twenty years of professional and academic experience, Marketing Plan Premier guides users through the process of creating a highly effective marketing campaign. Available as a stand-alone app or as part of the Premier Business Suite, Marketing Plan Premier is the result of a partnership between AppIt Ventures, LLC and Ben Stein & Accredited Members, Inc., to provide you with the opportunity to submit your idea for investor funding.
- Relates content through easy-to-understand examples
- Provides you with a customized document, tailored to your business
- Export your completed marketing plan as a Microsoft Word document
Download: iTunes – $9.99
With Marketing.AI, your team can plan its marketing strategy and campaigns. Stay on top of deadlines and measure results while working in a collaborative way with Marketing.AI.
- Plan your themes, buyer personas, and customer journeys
- Audit content
- Use a theme-cycle grid to identify gaps and guide content planning aligned with strategic messaging
Cost: FREE 30 day trial available; Contact for a quote
PlanBold makes it easy to create a marketing plan, by allowing you to “see the forest and the trees of your marketing plan.” PlanBold is the marketing plan tool that allows organizations to create, collaborate, and change marketing plans with a 10,000 foot view.
- A central command that gives everyone access to the right knowledge
- Build personas to outline target customers’ channels, pains, decision factors, and more
- Organize tactics by channel, date, marketing budget, and others and then drag and drop, collaborate, and track expenses to manage your marketing strategy
Cost: FREE trial available for 30 days
- 20 Users: $29/month – For up to 20 users, 10 GB storage, PlanBold domain, and support forum
- 60 Users: $99/month – For up to 60 users, 25 GB storage, customer domain, and 24/7 support
- 140 Users: $199/month – For up to 140 users, 50 GB storage, custom domain, and enhanced 24/7 support
- For more than 140 users, contact for a quote
MN CORE is a nonprofit committed to the entrepreneurs of Minnesota that connects the resources and support needed for successful business. Developing a Marketing Plan is their online resource for marketing plans and includes key questions, a link to a helpful video series, information, and their marketing plan outline tool.
- Glossary and explanations in easy-to-understand language
- Clearly defined plan components with step-by-step guidance
- Embedded tips and hints
Market2Win provides strategic sales and marketing support. Their strategic marketing tools are organized under their five-step planning process and may be used in whole or in part, depending on what your organization needs.
- Key tasks include planning and launching the work, an external and internal business audit, segmenting the market, defining the key challenges, targeting the best segments, and defining the value proposition
- Pre-planning tools include terms of reference and a template with simple, yet vital questions to get you started with your marketing plan
- McDonald Marketing Plan and Market2win Marketing Plan
- Mkt Step 1: Pre-planning Tools: FREE
- Mkt Step 2: Marketing Audit Tools: £ 1.20, including VAT
- Mkt Step 3: Marketing Strategy Tools: £ 1.20, including VAT
- Mkt Step 4: Marketing Plan Tools – McDonald Marketing Plan: £ 36.00, including VAT
- Mkt Step 4: Marketing Plan Tools – Market2win Marketing Plan: £ 36.00, including VAT
- Mkt Step 5: Plan Implementation Tools: £ 1.20, including VAT
Problemio’s Marketing Plan & Strategy app, available for both iOS and Android devices, is designed for people who look to promote a product, service, or business. The app helps you create a marketing plan and marketing strategy to grow your business.
- Get advice and various marketing strategy tips
- Ask marketing questions about an existing marketing plan or strategy and hate with a marketing expert to help improve your marketing plan or strategy
- Numerous tutorials and articles covering SEO, SEM, social media marketing, and other marketing techniques
- All live marketing plan questions are answered by an experienced entrepreneur within 48 hours; in more than 80% of cases, the questions are answered in under one hour
DWS Associates, a developer of marketing solutions and applications, offers more than 150 planning and analysis tools on their website. Their Marketers Toolkit, an app for Android devices, includes more than 31 tools to help small business owners and marketing executives plan and analyze marketing programs and activities.
- Develop more effective marketing programs to increase sales and attract and retain profitable customers
- Includes B2B and B2C sales and marketing applications, financial analysis, and interactive tools for marketers who need to do on-the-go planning and analysis
- Covers a wide range of topics, including campaign planning, direct marketing, customer acquisition, lead forecasting, and management and nurturing
Download: Google Play – Free
Your organization can create powerful marketing plans with Plan Lab’s online marketing plan software. Plan Lab guides you through the six stages of writing a marketing plan, asking dozens of questions and allowing you to save your answers are you go.
- Each question has marketing advice
- Most questions have an example or a diagram for guidance or to illustrate a point
- Log in from anywhere, on a Mac or PC
- Solo plan account: $119
- Multi plan account: $149
Marketing Builder is a software solution that includes templates to help you develop a comprehensive marketing strategy. With Marketing Builder, you can prioritize your promotional opportunities and build sales with optimal marketing ROI.
- Makes it easy to organize your marketing strategy and optimize your budget for advertising, direct mail, literature, online marketing, SEO, and more
- Includes everything you need to plan, develop, and produce a comprehensive marketing strategy, marketing budget, and execution plan
- 33 worksheets in Microsoft Excel to plan, analyze, prioritize, and measure your marketing campaigns
Plan Write for Marketing is marketing plan software that serves as an interactive tool to help you complete a professional, high-quality marketing plan for a new or existing business. A fully customizable solution, Plan Write for Marketing includes the ability to export to Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as to PDF and the internet.
- Helps you identify the characteristics of your target markets, market sizes, and competitive factors
- Document how you’re going to sell to your market and determine your marketing budget
- Follow your Plan Write for Marketing plan to get direction on strategies and tactics to ensure success
- Requires Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP/Vista/Win7
Marketing Plan Pro helps you create a high-return marketing plan so you can grow your business. Create a practical action plan for your marketing that focuses on action, rather than words with Marketing Plan Pro.
- Create your marketing plan in 30 minutes with the Duct Tape Marketing method
- Get advice and examples at every stop
- Easy forecasts and marketing budget software
- Track your progress
Teradata Marketing Applications delivers business, marketing, and analytical applications for companies around the globe. Their Planning & Spend Manager helps you determine when, where, and how to alter your marketing spend to achieve the highest returns.
- Align marketing initiatives with strategic objectives and goals
- Analyze spend and adjust your budget based on market activity, sales data, and business needs
- Centralize marketing data across various channels, brands, and portfolios
Cost: Contact for a quote
Business Resource Software, Inc. offers two marketing plan software solutions: Plan Write for Marketing and Plan Write for Hi-Tech Marketing. Both are intelligent marketing plan tools that help you write an actionable marketing plan, but Plan Write for Hi-Tech Marketing includes a detailed marketing guide for the hi-tech industry.
- Identify your market
- Document your strategy
- Prepare your budget
- Produce your document
- Execute your plan
- Plan Write for Marketing: $129.95
- Plan Write for Hi-Tech Marketing: $299.95
Marketing Planning with Marktinc gives you clear insight in your marketing campaigns, workload, and expenses. Stay current with your marketing planning as you get access to your most recent plan any time, anywhere when you use Marketing Planning with Marktinc.
- A total web-based software solution to plan, distribute, and measure your marketing efforts
- Manage your marketing plan with instant, live access to all activities in all regions
- All team members work with the same, up-to-date marketing plan
- Constant access and insight into your current marketing plan with instant views into your marketing budgets, expenditures, and reports
Cost: Contact for a quote
PlanMagic Marketing makes it easy for you to write your marketing plan because it offers a prewritten marketing plan template in Microsoft Word. PlanMagic Marketing guides you through an in-depth analysis of the organization’s marketing goals and strategies, thereby simplifying the comprehensive marketing plan writing process.
- Easy-to-use marketing analysis and marketing plan workbooks in Microsoft Excel
- Fully automated financials with product line and products per product line generator
- Easy-to-use presentation template
- Comprehensive marketing plan guide
- Detailed analysis of internal and external factors, product mix, markets, competitors, and customers
- PlanMagic Marketing: $87.50
- PlanMagic Marketing AE: $127.50
- PlanMagic Business + Marketing: $127.50
- PlanMagic Business AE + Marketing: $177.50
BlueVizia’s Marketing Manager, created by marketing experts for developing long-term strategic marketing planning, is an effective marketing strategy software solution for marketing management. With a step-by-step guide through analyzing your business and developing your marketing strategy, BlueVizia’s Marketing Manager is a perfect fit for a small business.
- Step-by-step guidance for entering data and generating an analysis of your current marketing situation
- Evaluation, Strategies, and Charts – provides a detailed evaluation of your current situation, based on the data entered in the Analysis section
- Create a tailor-made, detailed marketing report to help you make sound decisions and create fact-based plans
Cost: FREE trial available
Successful marketing plans require money and a consideration of several different facets of the budget, and HubSpot offers eight marketing budget templates to help companies manage their marketing spend. These templates serve as important marketing plan tools to help determine where your marketing budget has gone and where it should go in the future.
- Track expenses for events, branding and creative, content, paid advertising, product marketing, public relations, and website redesign
- Includes a Master Template so you can manage all of your marketing budget in one place at the monthly/quarterly level
- Get an at-a-glance assessment of current marketing spend
An app designed for iPhone and iPad, Marketing Plan Writer by Sheila Cosey makes professional marketing plans in a few easy steps. Create unlimited marketing plans to help your business grow using Marketing Plan Writer.
- Includes cover page, marketing plan summary, marketing vision, marketing goals, market analysis, SWOT analysis, marketing mix, and more
- Save your marketing plan to PDF or RTF
- Preview your marketing plan and then print or email it
- Manage and edit your marketing plan
- Note pad for business notes
Download: iTunes – $10.99
My Marketing Plan is intended to be a companion tool for professionals that need to have “a comprehensive reference on the essential marketing knowledge for creating an effective marketing plan.” The app helps marketing professionals at any stage of the business marketing lifecycle by creating a clear, precise marketing plan.
- A key publication that provides in-depth information about marketing and marketing planning
- Easily copy and paste any parts of the text and save, email, or text the captured information
- No restrictions on copying, pasting, or saving text or information
- Optimized to work with all versions of iOS
Download: iTunes – $23.99
The Cocktail Napkin Plan is a marketing plan app for startups and business owners who need a marketing roadmap. Created by Robyn Levin, founder and CEO or R. Levin Marketing Group, the Cocktail Napkin Plan includes a step-by-step process for easily creating your marketing plan.
- Generates a custom marketing plan that creates a one-year timeline and quarterly strategies that fit on a napkin
- Easily articulate your business vision
- Create a focused marketing strategy
- Increase brand awareness, leads, and sales
- Email, print, and save your plan to stay on track
Download: iTunes – $4.99
Knowlium offers strategic planning and management software so you can get started with the right marketing and business plan. Designed with startups in mind, Knowlium seeks to simplify the process of collaborating on developing the right plan for your startup.
- Apply your custom branding
- Drag/drop section customization
- Customizable pagination
- Infographic widgets
- Invite team members or advisors
- Discuss and collaborate
- Solo: $19/month – For solopreneurs just starting out, 1 member, unlimited viewers, and 1 company
- Team: $29/month – For team collaboration, 4 members, unlimited viewers, and 2 companies
MediaPlanHQ is a comprehensive online media planning software that gives you all of the tools you need to efficiently manage, track, and organize your marketing advertisement campaigns. Centralize all of your media planning activities in one centralized place so that your marketing team can plan marketing campaigns without spreadsheets.
- Collaborate on media plans in real time
- Easily manage and track projects
- Get real-time insights on expenses and budgets
- Increase team productivity
Cost: FREE trial available for 30 days
- Starter: $99/month – 8 markets, 2 GB storage
- Plus: $199/month – 20 markets, 5 GB storage
- Premium: $349/month – 50 markets, 10 GB storage
- Deluxe: $549/month – 100 markets, 25 GB storage
- Platinum: $749/month – 200 markets, 50 GB storage
36. MAUS MasterPlan
MAUS MasterPlan is award-winning business and marketing plan software. MAUS MasterPlan helps organizations prepare business and marketing plans in a fraction of the time because it is simple to use and designed for professionals who need an insightful marking plan to stay competitive and gain revenue.
- Fast business and marketing plans for start-up finance
- Detailed strategic plans for growth
- Gain a better understanding of where you are now and find strategic opportunities for moving forward
- Expert guidance every step of the way
- Customize plans based on your objectives
- Includes MAUS Intelli-text technology to save you time
- MasterPlan Professional Version: $299
- Business Planning Pack: $499
PlanSprout is marketing strategy software by McDougall Interactive. Currently available in beta version, PlanSprout helps you keep track of your marketing strategy and increase profits and is based on the book Web Marketing On All Cylinders: Kickstart Your Online Presence by John McDougall.
- Avoid being overly tactical
- Learn how tactics play off each other
- Store your plan in the cloud
- Share your plan with your team
- Archive plans and track progress
- Benchmark before you begin
A self-completion template-based system, Marketing Plan Builder provides users with the information, tools, structure, and framework to write a comprehensive professional marketing plan. The templates focus on specific content that you should consider for the plan and avoids the need to write extraneous information.
- A complete set of building blocks to create marketing plans that lead to outstanding results
- Build your plan in three steps: read the eBook, study the sample marketing plan, and write your plan in the pre-formatted Microsoft Word document
- Designed for B2B products, B2B services, B2C products, and B2C services
SBMarketingTools.com offers small business marketing and productivity tools and guides as marketing and business resources. Their Marketing Plan Template Builder guides users through marketing strategy and tactics options for building an annual marketing plan template.
- Select strategies and tactics that apply to your business and marketing plan goals from the main marketing categories
- Complete the selections and see your customized template
- All necessary formulas are built-in, so you get the ideal marketing plan layout for your business
- Use the template year after year for one low price
- $4.99 – One-time cost, unlimited use
- $7.99 – Marketing Plan Template Bundle
Hive9’s marketing performance and planning software is known for helping B2B marketers increase their measurable impact on revenue. The Hive9 Gameplan helps organizations close “the loop between performance and planning.”
- Remove the guesswork from your marketing budgeting and planning
- Confidently plan against your goals
- Create marketing plans that are customer-centric, strategically aligned, collaborative, agile, and optimized for ROI
Cost: Contact for a quote
The Marketing Plan App, available for both iOS and Android devices, is designed to help organizations develop better marketing strategies. The Marketing Plan App also is a tool to help businesses increase sales and expand their customer base.
- Save your marketing plan as a PDF or Word document
- Email or print your marketing plan
- Save, edit, delete, and preview functions
- Simply fill in the blanks to create your marketing plan
SecurePlan is a marketing plan tool that is part of Business Plan Pro and Sales and Marketing Pro that enables users to publish their marketing plan for easy online collaboration. Entire marketing teams can work on the marketing plan using SecurePlan.
- Enables easy online collaboration
- Securely publish your marketing plan for review
- Invite partners, investors, or other contacts to review and discuss your marketing plan privately online
Cost: Requires Business Plan Pro or Sales and Marketing Pro
- Business Plan Pro
- Standard Edition: $99.95
- Premier Edition: $199.95
- Sales and Marketing Pro: $179.95
Hyper Plan is simple, powerful visual planning software that is “as simple as sticking notes to a wall, but much more flexible” and serves as an effective marketing plan tool. Available for Windows and Mac OS X, Hyper Plan is a perfect marketing plan tool, especially in situations when a full project management solution is too much.
- Plan your work in an organized, easy to understand visual form
- Choose the properties that you need to complete your marketing plan, including tasks, people, priorities, budgets, and more
- Change between different views of your plan with a simple mouse click
- Categorize tasks as you see fit
- Retrieve previous plans from months or years ago
Cost: FREE trial available
Ivan Taylor, of Small Business Trends, offers two one-page marketing plans to help you simplify the process of creating your marketing plan. With these marketing plan tools, you can focus on “thinking and planning and making money, not writing lengthy documents.”
- Marketing Plan #1 is adapted from learnings from the original marketing guru Philip Kotler and outlines the basic marketing components/categories like mission and objectives, target market, offering, pricing, distribution, and communication
- Marketing Plan #2 is a combination of the Kotler plan and the Guerrilla Marketing process advocated by Michael McLaughlin and focuses more on emotional triggers that will get ideal customers to choose you
- Available as Word documents
- Mocked-up sample plans are also available for both marketing plan formats
Companies and organizations know that the holidays serve as an optimal time to maximize return. If you want to create a marketing plan specific to the holidays, this 30-day holiday marketing plan is one of the best.
- A simple blueprint for boosting holiday sales
- Adaptable sample 30-day holiday marketing plan
- Provides one practical idea for each of the 30 days that you can easily fit to your own business goals
The Marketing Plan Workshop provides a Marketing Planning 101 Tutorial that serves as a general introduction or refresher on marketing planning. Receive guidance through the planning processing and building the marketing plan from Marketing Plan Workshop.
- Part of the live workshop materials
- Begins with an overview of marketing that is geared toward individuals with limited marketing management experience or marketers who need a refresher
- Sections include the marketing planning process, marketing communications planning, marketing budgets and forecasts, and writing the marketing plan
- Improve your knowledge of the marketing planning process, get a set of tools to help design, implement, and track your marketing plan, and gain a better understanding of marketing communications and how to use it to support your marketing plan
- Learn how to write an actionable targeted marketing plan, develop expenses and sales budgets, and develop marketing communications strategy and marketing communications mix
Download: Google Play – FREE
Dave Chaffey, author of Internet Marketing: Strategy, Planning and Implementation, created a free digital marketing planning template based on the Smart Insights RACE planning system. Chaffee put his more than fifteen years of experience in creating and reviewing digital marketing plans to work to create the template that is available for download to help you lean how to structure your digital marketing plan.
- Learn the essential online marketing activities you need to develop
- Various templates available, depending on Smart Insights membership status, from the free planning template to the internet marketing plan template to the full digital marketing planning toolkit
- Structured using the Smart Insights RACE planning framework tat covers key areas of digital marketing planning across the customer lifecycle
Cost: Ranges from FREE with Basic membership to $69+ with Expert membership
Pear Analytics is a search engine marketing firm with a unique process designed to create demand for your business. Their free online marketing budget planner is an eBook that is a helpful marketing plan tool that guides you through making decisions about where to allocate your marketing budget as you go through the process of marketing planning.
- Make better decisions about your marketing
- Determine which channels to pursue further and which to stop pursuing altogether
- See the impact of expanding search campaigns by monitoring cost per lead (CPL) and cost per acquisition (CPA)
Available online and as a Word document, Mulley Communications Digital Marketing Plan provides a step-by-step process for developing an online marketing or digital marketing plan. The plan includes six easy to follow steps and an additional section with tool suggestions to help you complete a successful digital marketing plan.
- The six steps include define your customer, define your objectives, design and create content, create a messaging calendar, define your measurements, and execute your plan
- Questions worksheets help you determine your goals and objectives
- Includes examples and explanations
Growthink offers its Ultimate Marketing Plan Template to help companies manipulate the five simple levers that control profits: leads, cost per lead, conversion rates, average transaction price, and transaction frequency. The template is available as a Microsoft Word document so that both PC and Mac users can immediately begin using it.
- Includes simple, fill-in-the-blank exercises to improve your performance in each of the five marketing levers
- Includes 12 key sections that show you how to improve one or more of the five key marketing levers
- Simply print out the completed document to get your concise, comprehensive marketing plan
An app available for Android devices, Marketing Plan Course helps users detail their objectives, identify their target market, and connect with customers via a successful marketing plan. Get to know your target market, conduct market experiments, and more with this marketing plan app.
- Increase your chances of showing up on search results
- Find new leads and create new prospects
- Identify strengths and weaknesses to capitalize on strong points
Download: Google Play – Free
Marketissimo is a marketing app for iPhone and iPad that offers marketing tips, ideas, and strategies for growing your business. Learn how to ask the right questions and explore new marketing ideas and strategies with this marketing plan app.
- Easily share topics and ideas with others via Facebook, Twitter, or email
- Guides users through key questions for more effective marketing
- Contains checklists for planning your marketing strategy
Download: iTunes – Free
David Meerman Scott is a marketing and sales strategist, keynote speaker, and bestselling author of 10 books. His Marketing Strategy Planning Template provides the components of a complete marketing plan and provides for short- and long-term marketing strategy goals.
- Fill in the blanks to create your unique marketing plan
- Include SEO and SEM techniques
- Learn from suggested plan steps and add your own
Smartsheet delivers simple collaborative work management solutions for powerful enterprise productivity. Their free marketing plan templates for Excel include a variety of templates that are all free to download and are all easily customized to meet your business and marketing planning needs. Site visitors also have the option of creating a Smartsheet template for your marketing plan and enjoy its enhanced functionality and collaboration.
- Sections for online marketing, media relations, trade shows and events, other branding efforts, and sales campaigns
- Clearly define objectives with target market and total costs
- Modify templates to include the elements that are most vital to your marketing plan
- Plan around sales goals and promotional activities
MONEYBALL FOR SALES AND MARKETING
MARKETING CONTENT MANAGEMENT BUYER’S GUIDE
A SINGLE SOURCE OF TRUTH FOR MARKETING + SALES
Further Reading from the Docurated Blog:
- 26 Experts Share Consultative Selling Tips
- What is Sales Management?
- What is Solution Selling?
- 50 Top Account Based Marketing Resources
- Examples of Great Content Marketing from 63 Marketing Pros
- 50 Killer Content Curation Tools
- 51 Must-Have Sales Automation Tools
- How to Create a Successful Digital Marketing Plan
- 6 Vital Sales Effectiveness Metrics
- 40 Awesome Sales Acceleration Apps